Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Verizon lies through their teeth. Fined $1.7 M

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Verizon lies through their teeth.  Fined $1.7 M Empty
PostSubject: Verizon lies through their teeth. Fined $1.7 M   Verizon lies through their teeth.  Fined $1.7 M EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

I was using PDAnet on my cell phone to tether my laptop. (Tethering is using a phone to access the internet and allowing a laptop or other device to access the internet through the phone.) Verizon would see that there was a request from a device that wasn't a mobile device and it would not give me the ability to surf the web. It would replace my laptop's browser request with a screen that offered Verizon's data service... and not take me to the web site I was trying to visit. Eventually, every time that I tried to tether my laptop, Verizon would reroute to their data plan sales page... it sucked. I quit using PDAnet.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/31/fcc-verizon-tethering/

Here's Verizon's bullshit response to them getting caught: “Verizon Wireless has always allowed its customers to use the lawful applications of their choice on its networks, and it did not block its customers from using third-party tethering applications,” Verizon said in the statement. “This consent decree puts behind us concerns related to an employee’s communication with an app store operator about tethering applications, and allows us to focus on serving our customers.”

The only reason they got fined and have to allow tethering was because they bought spectrum and promised the FCC it would be made available to customers. Other providers can limit tethering.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

Verizon lies through their teeth. Fined $1.7 M
Page 1 of 1