Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why Kanye Loves Trump

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wilburforce

wilburforce

Why Kanye Loves Trump Empty
PostSubject: Why Kanye Loves Trump   Why Kanye Loves Trump EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 12:09 pm

“You don’t have to agree with trump but the mob can’t make me not love him,” West wrote in one of over 50 posts over the course of the day, including a picture of a #MAGA hat signed by the president. “We are both dragon energy. He is my brother. I love everyone. I don’t agree with everything anyone does. That’s what makes us individuals. And we have the right to independent thought.”

Hip-hop fans and left-leaning media junkies seeking a concrete explanation for West’s sudden embrace of Trump have so far been left cold. But with his willingness to bear hug a president who’s seen historically low approval ratings among African-Americans, West has revealed a key truth not only about Trump’s ability to dominate the news cycle, but about himself. Trump and West are both firm believers in the “all press is good press” axiom, defining themselves first and foremost by their ability to shape their own perception. Originally famous for making things, both men are now engaged full time in the project of seeking public attention of any variety. And in their preternatural ability to make sure we can’t possibly look away, even if we desperately want to, they might be not only spiritual brothers—but each other’s only peers.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/04/26/why-kanye-loves-trump-218106
Back to top Go down

Why Kanye Loves Trump
Page 1 of 1