Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..

Go down 
+3
nochain
polecat
Eddard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eddard

Eddard

Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. Empty
PostSubject: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 10:16 am

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/news/ben-carson-fabricated-violent-juvenile-past-cnn-investigation-145104502.html?ref=gs

He also claimed he was in a Popeye's chicken several years ago when there was an armed robbery. Problem is, there were no Popeye's chicken stores in the state where he lived at the time.

This guy claims that if a 12 year old girl is raped by her father or brother she should have to go through 9 months of pregnancy and bear the baby.
He claims Obamacare is the same as slavery.

He is by far the most unqualified person in either party to be the leader of the free world.

And HE is now leading the Republican party in all the surveys.
Really, folks, can't they find anyone better?
Back to top Go down
polecat

polecat

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 10:42 am

Now, here's a question that so offended somnolent surgeon Ben Carson at the CNBC debate last week. It has to do with Carson's relationship with a company called Mannatech: "They offered claims that they could cure autism, cancer, they paid $7 million to settle a deceptive marketing lawsuit in Texas, and yet your involvement continued. Why?" Carson gave some bullshi# answer that didn't begin to cover the extent of his relationship with the snake oil salespeople.

But Carson used this exchange to call for a "reform" of the debates. He said in an interview this week, "Yes, the questions about Mannatech are definitely gotcha questions. There’s no truth, you know, and all they would have to do, because I know people know how to investigate, they could easily go back and find out that I don’t have any formal relationships with Mannatech."

The "gotcha" question is in the ears of the beholder. See, you might think, "Here's this thing you did. Why don't you explain it?" is a gotcha question. But that's the game, gang. You did do something. Jimmy Carter did say he thought about balling some strange. Barack Obama did go to Jeremiah Wright's church. And Ben Carson made a shi%-ton of money hawking Mannatech products. You might not like being asked about it, and your fans might not like you being asked about it, but Carter and Obama knew perfectly well what would come up and how to deal with it. Carson's just pissed he got caught and is too much of a naif to have a ready response.

Republicans this year have lost their minds over the "format" of the debates. They're raging about the RNC's schedule and set-up. So the candidates are making up their own rules. They're demanding all kinds of shi# that, if Democrats asked for them, would have been subject to unending derision. And it's all because some of the candidates don't like being asked things like "Here's this plan of yours that experts say is ten kinds of suck. So how do you think it can work?"

From the Rude 1

Last edited by Eric on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed words too close to F word - Eric)
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 7:39 am

I have often wondered whether HRC is capable of telling the truth. 2 out 3 likely voters agree with me.

The Carson vitamin story is a little more complicated than it appears but his responses can be interpreted as less than forthright.

Of course it's OK for someone to lie repeatedly about national security issues and dead ambassadors but it's a terrible thing to "lie" about vitamins.

Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 8:38 am

nochain wrote:
I have often wondered whether HRC is capable of telling the truth. 2 out 3 likely voters agree with me.

The Carson vitamin story is a little more complicated than it appears but his responses can be interpreted as less than forthright.

Of course it's OK for someone to lie repeatedly about national security issues and dead ambassadors but it's a terrible thing to "lie" about vitamins.

Ridiculous.

cheers cheers You keep going back for more....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 11:38 am

I am amazed to learn that the pyramids were grain storage structures... not burial honorations.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 3:42 pm

Eric wrote:
I am amazed to learn that the pyramids were grain storage structures... not burial honorations.

Did you type that with a straight face?

Shocked

I guess he never heard of weevils.

There are liars and cheats of all varieties out there. It's a character flaw common to all parties.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 8:53 pm

nochain wrote:

Ridiculous.

And yet, in the newest polls that came out Monday, she'd still beat any one of the Republican candidates in a Nationwide election.
Just kills some folks. I don't need my POTUS to be religious, I don't need them to have a spotless past, I need and want them to be smart enough and experienced enough to run this country and work for the benefit of its citizens.
Jimmy Carter and George W Bush both bragged about their religiosity and both were complete failures as presidents.
Everybody has lied. Anybody who says they haven't ever lied just did. That's a fact.

The other fact is that the two people leading the Republican party right now are both unqualified and too inexperienced in government to be POTUS.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Eric wrote:

Guess all those dead people found there ate themselves to death.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 7:06 am

Eddard wrote:
Eric wrote:

Lol... just how many mummies do you think were found in pyramids?

Good thing you weren't on national tv when you said that... lol.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 7:40 am

Eddard wrote:
nochain wrote:

Ridiculous.

And yet, in the newest polls that came out Monday, she'd still beat any one of the Republican candidates in a Nationwide election.
Just kills some folks. I don't need my POTUS to be religious, I don't need them to have a spotless past, I need and want them to be smart enough and experienced enough to run this country and work for the benefit of its citizens.
Jimmy Carter and George W Bush both bragged about their religiosity and both were complete failures as presidents.
Everybody has lied. Anybody who says they haven't ever lied just did. That's a fact.

The other fact is that the two people leading the Republican party right now are both unqualified and too inexperienced in government to be POTUS.

The Trumpet as President would be a bigger disaster than Oblamer. So would Billary. I don't think Carson can go the distance if he keeps shooting himself in the foot but to his credit he at least gives the appearance of stability and some consistency. I don't see a single viable candidate in either party at this time.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 8:14 am

nochain wrote:
Eddard wrote:
nochain wrote:

Ridiculous.

The Trumpet as President would be a bigger disaster than Oblamer. So would Billary. I don't think Carson can go the distance if he keeps shooting himself in the foot but to his credit he at least gives the appearance of stability and some consistency. I don't see a single viable candidate in either party at this time.

Funny how 'unqualified and inexperienced' matters now...LOL....How any supporter of the cowh could use this in an honest discussion is beyond belief....During the last debate candidates were given 90 seconds to answer [really still not long enough for most issues] and Trump never used the time allowed and said nothing with substance...yet on the republican side people are so ticked the outsiders can be in the lead even with no substance and themselves in the foot...while on the democrat side hrc with her padded resume' with no accomplishments and a total insider is leading and will be the nominee....why?....Because democrats not only promise they actually deliver on the handouts!....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 8:48 am

I agree on needing better candidates. Trump is entertaining, but a loose cannon, Carson seems to have Walter Mitty issues and with his medical background, he might not have the political experience that is needed to schmooze with politicians. Clinton has truth issues and I don't know why, but I just don't trust her.

At this point, I'd hold my nose and vote for Bernie Sanders. He had the guts to stand up for civil rights before it was PC, is not in Israel's back pocket, opposed the Iraq wars, voted against the Patriot Act, and has some other ideas that I like. The trouble would come when we fund some of his proposals, like free college. We darn sure don't need to raise the debt ceiling to fund any of Sanders' proposals.

Where is Ron Paul when you need him? Rand isn't his father, but a darn cry better than Trump & Carson, I believe.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 9:18 am

Well put... no way I'd vote for trump. I wish ron paul was running too.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 1:17 pm

The genius who separated those conjoined twins hasn't even been particularly honest about the outcome of the surgery.
One was left in a vegetative state and the other was severely handicapped.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2015/11/13/siamese-twin-separation-that-launched-ben-carson-fame-ended-poorly-for-twins/miZSU7XaINfDWFXWsfYLDO/story.html

I'm wondering now exactly what this sleepwalker has done in his life that we should consider impressive?
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 1:26 pm

[quote="PkrBum"]
Eddard wrote:
Eric wrote:

Lol... just how many mummies do you think were found in pyramids?

Good thing you weren't on national tv when you said that... lol.[/

Actually one was found in 2009. Queen Seshseshet was found buried in a pyramid , probably around 4300 years ago.
https://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A0LEVvuUiUdWdkgAYqwnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?qid=20110703191934AAnGQ6l

It's assumed that most were taken from their gravesites by grave robbers, but the presence of even one old dead queen would pretty well pollute any grain that might have been stored in that pyramid.
You can't be serious that you believe the grain thing, right?
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:41 pm

No... but neither were they tombs. Perhaps they were monuments and or some astrological bs... maybe even used for the formal burial rites. Maybe the reasons were much stranger... lost to antiquity.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:04 pm

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-tomb-of-queen-sesheshet-49733615/?no-ist

I guess if you don't believe the pyramids were burial sites then you wouldn't believe the Smithsonian article above either.
Not gonna beat my head against a brick wall trying to convince you of it.
I don't think that's necessary.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 1:08 am

I can't get behind Bernie Sanders. You have good points about him but the things he believes in... it's like he believes in rainbow bunnies and unicorn farts. It would sure be nice if that's the way the world was and if we had trillions upon trillions of dollars to spend making these dreams become realities, but we don't.

Yeah, I wish Ron Paul were 20-years younger so that he could still have another run at it. Rand is okay and even though he probably won't win I will probably vote for him. I have never voted for a presidential candidate that won, so it won't hurt my feelings. Besides, it's not like the elections aren't already decided by the time the polls open anyways.

I can't decide if there has actually never been worse candidates or if I say that every election cycle.

Eric wrote:
I agree on needing better candidates.  Trump is entertaining, but a loose cannon, Carson seems to have Walter Mitty issues and with his medical background, he might not have the political experience that is needed to schmooze with politicians.  Clinton has truth issues and I don't know why, but I just don't trust her.

At this point, I'd hold my nose and vote for Bernie Sanders.  He had the guts to stand up for civil rights before it was PC, is not in Israel's back pocket, opposed the Iraq wars, voted against the Patriot Act, and has some other ideas that I like.  The trouble would come when we fund some of his proposals, like free college.  We darn sure don't need to raise the debt ceiling to fund any of Sanders' proposals.

Where is Ron Paul when you need him?  Rand isn't his father, but a darn cry better than Trump & Carson, I believe.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 6:14 am

Eddard wrote:
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-tomb-of-queen-sesheshet-49733615/?no-ist

I guess if you don't believe the pyramids were burial sites then you wouldn't believe the Smithsonian article above either.
Not gonna beat my head against a brick wall trying to convince you of it.
I don't think that's necessary.

That was a tomb... and it was in the classical shape of the pyramids... though much smaller (fifty feet high). Do you have any other examples of tombs with mummies in scale of the great pyramids? I'm not trying to argue semantics here... it's been a debate and mystery for a very long time... yet you seem to think it solved with one related example.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 6:47 pm

It has been said that there were so many mummies in Egypt that many were burned as fuel.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 6:59 am

The paris underground is trippy: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacombs_of_Paris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..   Ben Carson just can't tell the truth.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Carson just can't tell the truth..
Page 1 of 1