Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway Empty
PostSubject: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 10:57 pm

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/bristolpalin/2015/06/espn-gave-the-courage-award-to-caitlyn-jenner-instead-of-iraq-war-vet-and-amputee-noah-galloway/

I guess self inflicted wounds take more courage.....
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:00 am

Bristol Palin as a published writer. This is another thing wrong in our world.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:03 am

Linda wrote:
Bristol Palin as a published writer.  This is another thing wrong in our world.

She was smart enough to point out this stupidity on the part of ____[four letter network]....
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:43 am

As much as I respect those who serve and sacrifice in uniform the comparisons between them and Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner demean those in uniform. I would not want to be compared to him/her if I were serving or had served - especially wounded.

But my point was, as a writer, how the heck does Bristol get published and why would anyone listen? Laughing Mad
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:53 am

ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway Bristol-palin-ubisoft-s-just-dance-4-launch-party-03

Hey if they published feminazis like Bella Abzug and Betty Friedan there needs to be a balance...besides she's cute....Fembots...not so much.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:57 am

Then there are those of us who actually write because it is our "calling" and we get snubbed left and right by publishers. It's hard to take these folks who get themselves in the news and then become writers.

I guess I better get some 8x10 glossy prints and send them ahead of my writing.

Oh wait...her mother is a "journalist" so it must be in the blood. My bad. I'll hush.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 8:00 am

My ex was an asspiring writter. I helped her with spellin and ever thing and yet she never gots pubelished. The Pubic is very ficlke. Hey her name wus Linda two.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 8:06 am

Thanks for the laugh...and the round about encouragement..I think. I have a great editor!
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 8:14 am

Yup jus sent me a copy of you story and wil be happy to correct all youre errs. I like storys bout dogs and farts...like whin you fart and pointe at him and blame the dog..that so funy ...helerious.

ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway Redneckdog1
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 8:16 am

Razz
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 9:19 am

Linda wrote:
As much as I respect those who serve and sacrifice in uniform the comparisons between them and Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner demean those in uniform.  I would not want to be compared to him/her if I were serving or had served - especially wounded.

But my point was, as a writer, how the heck does Bristol get published and why would anyone listen?  Laughing Mad

You are correct....there have been several celebrities [actors/athletes] that have stepped in it for comparing their occupations like 'going to war' or 'being in a war zone'....It's actually a good thing that some of these celebrities are brought back to some reality when it's pointed out that they are wrong....

In the case of the Vanity Fair Freak....perhaps they and all those that support this as 'courageous' .... should take the time and educate themselves as to the 'real heroes' that have and continue to sacrifice in the service of our nation...Go to some military medical facilities and watch 'real heroes' in rehabilitation attempting to regain some normalcy after being wounded and then make the case as to which of the scenarios are 'courageous'....Unfortunately....that four letter sports network and FAR too many Americans today have taken these sacrifices for granted and have no respect to those that have done the heavy lifting.....
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 9:30 am

Well, I know it's not a "popular" thought among conservatives but I do feel there are people who struggle with their sexuality/gender. I'm not them and I don't judge what they feel or need to do. That's their red wagon. Maybe they do open the door for others and maybe that is considered courageous

Like I said before, it's not something I can quite wrap my mind around.

I think it mixes apples and oranges to bring up the comparison to anyone who has served or been wounded, etc.

For me, it's all a non-story.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 9:44 am

Linda wrote:
Well, I know it's not a "popular" thought among conservatives but I do feel there are people who struggle with their sexuality/gender.  I'm not them and I don't judge what they feel or need to do. That's their red wagon.  Maybe they do open the door for others and maybe that is considered courageous

Like I said before, it's not something I can quite wrap my mind around.  

I think it mixes apples and oranges to bring up the comparison to anyone who has served or been wounded, etc.  

For me, it's all a non-story.  

As a conservative....could care less what the Vanity Fair Freak did or does...but let's not try and allow it to be forced that that individual is somehow courageous or heroic for those actions....Your last words were exactly how I too feel...."It's a non-story"....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:04 pm

ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-C2Td48Lt4AmSddS-LKJFdwqMizLoYlWxgC6YwPDfAmdCCWM8vA

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO5z2xUNUpU

Smile
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:12 pm

Johnny was a man, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:21 pm

ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMD9zpdQuqYISbaU1kxNbM5siME3aBuwReaP8gBELtbHZpXRyu0w

I 'spect. One never can be sure nowadays.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GvD_NQrLFo

Smile
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 8:46 pm

I don't know anything about the soldier that did not receive the ESPN award. Was he an athlete? Was he a well known athlete?
ESPN is a sports organization, nothing more and nothing else.

They gave the award to a famous athlete. I wouldn't have given it to Bruce Jenner either because I don't see any huge courage in having a sex change operation. I also wouldn't have given it to someone who was a soldier and not a well known athlete simply because the award is about sports heroes.
I also agree that Bristol Palin is not much of a writer.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 8:51 pm

Johnny Cash, by the way, wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting on vanity fair even if he had changed his sex.

There ain't a plastic surgeon in the world good enough to make him look like a girl.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 8:53 pm

No, but he was on the cover of Rolling Stone.

Rolling Stone...gonna send five copies to my mother...
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 9:02 pm

Hey, don't get me wrong. I love Cash, and Waylon, and Willie and Kris. Together as the Highwaymen they were the best group ever in Country Music.
Not a one of them could ever be changed cosmetically into a woman though.

I am very glad country music used to not be all about looking sexy. It's gotten that way lately, but then it ain't country music lately either.
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 9:05 pm

Bill Maher just said Jenner is just a has been from reality TV who got breast implants. He is not Rosa Parks.

Sometimes Bill Maher hits it out of the park.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway   ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway Empty

Back to top Go down

ESPN Gave the “Courage Award” to Caitlyn Jenner Instead of Iraq War Vet and Amputee Noah Galloway
Page 1 of 1