Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Memorial Day

Go down 
+2
nochain
Linda
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

Memorial Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:18 am

As far as I know Calley is still alive so Memorial Day is not for him.

I agree with your post Eric - "Memorial Day is set aside to honor our fallen servicemen and women for giving their lives in service to our country."
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:36 am

Eric wrote:
Hockey!  Yes, the administrations that send our boys and girls into war may have questionable motives, but to put all of our servicemen onto a pedestal regardless of their actions is wrong.

At the risk of sounding unpatriotic, not all servicemen were choir boys and they didn't always act in honorable ways.  Killing villages such as My Lai is an example.  

There is no honor in this.  
Memorial Day - Page 2 Mylai2  
Getty Images

That being said, I respect and honor servicemen (and women) that entered our armed services and served honorably... many of which died in service to our country.  Memorial Day is set aside to honor our fallen servicemen and women for giving their lives in service to our country.

Nothing said on this forum can take away from the respect these people earned.
Memorial Day - Page 2 Memorial-day-images-2014-2

That wasn't the statement that was made or responded to....I would agree with you and the example that you've given and those that followed...followed a very unlawful order...Sadly...unfortunately there are more examples that could be made but that wasn't the comment that was responded to...Never said that all servicemen were/are choir boys or perfect...never defended those that participated in criminal actions...I purposely  set aside the words that were responded to and it had nothing to do with anything other than that statement....No one is ever going to convince that blaming the troops or dishonoring their honorable service [again NOT those that acted in a criminal fashion] is appropriate simply because there is disagreement with the right/wrong [politically] of that particular war...You are correct nothing that can be said on this forum can take away from the respect those people earned ...Again...lastly my point was there is a difference between the political debate/results and those that served..sacrificed...and died and that should never be confused....
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:42 am

hey how about those Japanese soldiers and kamikaze pilots ?...heroes every one and those totally out numbered Germans were a force to behold...heroes every one....let us remember.

Memorial Day - Page 2 ?u=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-wSd4IGXhzlo%2FTm4sQS73bXI%2FAAAAAAAAAZQ%2FIALPoDvd194%2Fs1600%2Fkamikaze-yoshinori-yamaguchi

Memorial Day - Page 2 Panzer4

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on Fri May 29, 2015 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:46 am

Good post, MW.

War is hell, and many decisions, in retrospect, were horrible decisions.

Those servicemen that came home in a flag-draped box have earned my respect. My heart goes out to their parents, wives, girlfriends, and children that have to carry on without their loved ones.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:50 am

Eric wrote:
Good post, MW.

War is hell, and many decisions, in retrospect, were horrible decisions.

Those servicemen that came home in a flag-draped box have earned my respect.  My heart goes out to their parents, wives, girlfriends, and children that have to carry on without their loved ones.

I agree and bow out of this conversation.

Thankful for the freedom of opinion.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:58 am

Memorial Day - Page 2 Quote-don-t-be-a-fool-and-die-for-your-country-let-the-other-son-of-a-bitch-die-for-his-george-s-patton-285501
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 10:24 am

The knuckle dragging football team mentality about war in this country is sickening !...

Memorial Day - Page 2 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcollegesportsblog.dallasnews.com%2Ffiles%2F2014%2F07%2F20130921_AJW_AC5_511_33318745
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 10:36 am

Memorial Day - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrEAXDPtrra9KX99njhm7rEbgdIba4_X4eg9iZoM2Dv9GUvRgJ

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSif77IVQdY

Smile
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 10:38 am

Come you masters of war
You that build all the guns
You that build the death planes
You that build the big bombs
You that hide behind walls
You that hide behind desks
I just want you to know
I can see through your masks

Bob Dylan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 10:39 am

Memorial Day - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYi8MSp2-JubMInS1TzXME5C498riXElPKj4KtG-QSX1s2JPkhQg

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LByiVlc6czA

Smile
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 10:55 am

The purveyors of war have no shame evoking god, male pride, mom, dad, apple pie, the girl you left behind... whatever it takes to convince our young men to march into the meat grinder for profits sake.....it's all showbiz and advertising...

Memorial Day - Page 2 Uphold_our_honour_vintage_wwi_recruitment_poster-r43f89bae620847db91d67c9f46201559_aisxu_8byvr_512
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memorial Day   Memorial Day - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Memorial Day
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2