Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SEAL Protocol.....

Go down 
+5
polecat
Eric
nochain
TEOTWAWKI
mediawatcher
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 7:16 am

Does it.....or did it make anyone uncomfortable or have questions about the interview with the Navy Seal that took out obl? Today checking out the sports on yahoo see O'Neill spoke to and visited the Washington Redskins prior to their game and mugged for photos with some of their players...

First off...O'Neill is with absolutely no doubt a hero and we should and are grateful to him for his service.... It should also be recognized that this was a SEAL TEAM effort and ALL involved in not only this mission but other missions throughout their illustrious history are also heroes... There have been some former and current Navy SEALS that are unhappy and have expressed that he [O'Neill] should have shut up about the entire mission...These same individuals are upset about the publicity tour because this is not the way the teams have conducted themselves in the past...

Just curious if there are some thoughts on this matter.....
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:20 am

Osama died in 02 ...it was all Hollywood ...then they killed most of the seals as a cover-up. Yes soldiers follow orders....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:27 am

My last active duty station was in a compound next to SPECWARDEVGRU (what some call Seal Team 6) in Little Creek, VA. We worked with Seal units and I knew many Seals (of course they are all retired by now too). They did not talk about missions....EVER
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:35 am

Similarly, I'm surprised that you haven't talked about the comet probe as being a fake, Teo. (It's being discussed on the 'net.)

I'm disappointed in you. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 am

nochain wrote:
My last active duty station was in a compound next to SPECWARDEVGRU (what some call Seal Team 6) in Little Creek, VA. We worked with Seal units and I knew many Seals (of course they are all retired by now too). They did not talk about missions....EVER

So this is probably not setting well in the tight knit SEAL Community?.... Wonder if there will be new regulations to prevent a repeat...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:49 am

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

So this is probably not setting well in the tight knit SEAL Community?.... Wonder if there will be new regulations to prevent a repeat...

I doubt he will be invited to any reunions.....
Back to top Go down
polecat

polecat

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:08 am

Maybe O'Neill can get a KFC or Taco Bell endorsement deal out of this
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 12:58 pm

nochain wrote:

Agreed. Many of you know that my brother recently retired as Lt. Col after over 22 years in Marine Corps Force Recon... black ops team that you don't hear, watch news or read about. We never knew where he was going, for how long he was going to be gone, and certainly we did not know what he was doing. We still don't, and we do not ask questions because we know that would put men in jeopardy and that he is bound not to disclose these things, aside from the fact that there are some things that you just do not ask a man about war.

These guys should have kept their mouths shut. I am sorry, but the excuse that "everybody else is talking about it," which I have read in several articles now, just doesn't cut it for me. I call bullshit on that.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 4:42 pm

One of the seals had a book to sell. That is tantamount to treason, if you aren't supposed to talk about your Seal duties.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 5:41 pm

riceme wrote:
nochain wrote:

Agreed. Many of you know that my brother recently retired as Lt. Col after over 22 years in Marine Corps Force Recon... black ops team that you don't hear, watch news or read about. We never knew where he was going, for how long he was going to be gone, and certainly we did not know what he was doing. We still don't, and we do not ask questions because we know that would put men in jeopardy and that he is bound not to disclose these things, aside from the fact that there are some things that you just do not ask a man about war.

These guys should have kept their mouths shut. I am sorry, but the excuse that "everybody else is talking about it," which I have read in several articles now, just doesn't cut it for me. I call bullshit on that.

Thank him for his honorable service...Think a big part of the problem was this administration's willingness to assist hollywood in making movies involving special forces..Not an excuse but to see those in positions of authority 'spiking the football' and patting themselves on the back must sting to those that participated...sacrificed and witnessed brothers that paid the ultimate sacrifice...as well as the families of the fallen...

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 6:11 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
riceme wrote:
nochain wrote:

Thank him  for his honorable service...Think a big part of the problem was this administration's willingness to assist hollywood in making movies involving special forces..Not an excuse but to see those in positions of authority 'spiking the football' and patting themselves on the back must sting to those that participated...sacrificed and witnessed brothers that paid the ultimate sacrifice...as well as the families of the fallen...

I will do that. Thank you, sir.

I agree that DC's loose lip policy has not helped this situation, and has very likely contributed to it, but that is not an excuse for these guys to go off the reservation. They know their orders and directives. They are bound to them, period. There are no ands, ifs or buts that come after that.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Where were the dead Osama pictures (not fake) and the video ?...I call BS....BUT the comet landing was probably real.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Coming forward is like identifying as yourself as a particular flame in a fire. You simply don't exist that way.

It's treason - on too many levels to count.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 8:35 am

Of course there is a precedent - Richard Marcinko - a former NWSDG team leader who wrote several books about the teams. I met the guy in Little Creek before he retired and found him to be the most arrogant, self-serving military member I ever came across.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 8:37 am

I, I, I. It was a team effort.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Ricie, Please thank you brother for his service for me..

The submarine community is very tight lipped also.. The things you hear about and see are talked about by the stinking politicians and are public long before one of the family talks about it.. The problem is the politicians have never worn a uniform and probably have no relatives that wore one either..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SEAL Protocol..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAL Protocol.....     SEAL Protocol..... Empty

Back to top Go down

SEAL Protocol.....
Page 1 of 1