Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Clocks reset already??? Don't worry, they'll be correct soon.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Clocks reset already???  Don't worry, they'll be correct soon. Empty
PostSubject: Clocks reset already??? Don't worry, they'll be correct soon.   Clocks reset already???  Don't worry, they'll be correct soon. EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 8:15 pm

In 1986 Congress enacted P.L. 99-359, amending the Uniform Time Act by changing the beginning of DST to the first Sunday in April and having the end remain the last Sunday in October.  These start and end dates were in effect from 1987 to 2006. The time was adjusted at 2:00 a.m. local time.  Many clocks still in use have already "fallen back" an hour in accordance with this schedule.

By the Energy Policy Act of 2005, daylight saving time (DST) was extended in the United States beginning in 2007.  ] As of that year, DST begins on the second Sunday of March and ends on the first Sunday of November. These changes result in a DST period that is five weeks longer than previously in years.

This year, daylight savings time ends Sunday, November 2.  Newer clocks, if they are programmed to advance/retard for DST, will reset then.

My car (a 2006 Honda), is already an hour earlier.  In a week or so, it'll be right.

p.s. I promise I will change my Avatar on Nov. 1 (Annoying, eh?)
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

Clocks reset already??? Don't worry, they'll be correct soon.
Page 1 of 1