Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!!   Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!! EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/18/internet-explorer-security-microsoft_n_1892269.html

"Microsoft Corp warned a newly discovered bug in its Internet Explorer web browser makes PCs vulnerable to attack by hackers and urged customers to download a piece of security software to mitigate the risk of infection.

The security flaw affects hundreds of millions of Internet Explorer browser users. Microsoft said attackers can exploit the bug to infect the PC of somebody who visits a malicious website and then take control of the victim's computer.

...Some security experts said it would be too cumbersome for many PC users to implement the measures suggested by Microsoft. Instead they advised Windows users to temporarily switch from Internet Explorer to rival browsers such as Google Inc's Chrome, Mozilla's Firefox or Opera Software ASA's Opera."
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!!   Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!! EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:59 pm

I totally agree Eric. I have not liked IE for quite some time and IE9 is the pits as far as I am concerned.
Back to top Go down
https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!!   Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:14 am

My wife's office tells her to run the Microsoft "critical update". Supposedly, they have fixed the Internet Explorer problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!!   Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:43 pm

I have been using Mozilla for a while now, only problem is that my bookmarks don't transfer from my laptop to my home unit, or do they?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!!   Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:35 pm

Johndough wrote:
I have been using Mozilla for a while now, only problem is that my bookmarks don't transfer from my laptop to my home unit, or do they?

That should not be a problem John. What you may have to do is copy your laptop bookmarks to a removable media such as USB flash drive and then put them on your home computer. Your bookmarks on your laptop and on your home computer can be found in a folder titled "Favorites".

Also if you have a home network set up, you can transfer files from one computer to another through the network.

If no network is available, an "Easy Transfer" cable is required. This transfer cable is a USB cable with male connections on both sides and may be purchased at any computer store for a minimal amount of money.

With the new computer, open the "Windows Easy Transfer" application. To do this, click on the "Start" button, type "Easy Transfer" in the search field, and press the "Enter" key. Click on the "Windows Easy Transfer" link to run the software. Follow the wizard to transfer the specific information you want to transfer to the new computer. The wizard will tell you the exact timing for running the software on the old computer. Continue following the wizard until all files and folders have been transferred successfully. Transferring files to the new computer using the "Windows Easy Transfer" software may take a few hours. This is dependent on the amount of data you will be transferring.

"Windows Easy Transfer" comes pre-installed on systems running Windows 7. If your system(s) is one of the older version, "Easy Transfer" is available for download at the Microsoft website
Back to top Go down
https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!!   Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Maybe you could just e-mail the file as an attachment and download it on the other computer's mail system. I use external drives a lot for backups and that wouldn't be a bad transfer... Or archival... Method for favorites.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!!   Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't use Internet Explorer until Microsoft fixes it!!!!
Page 1 of 1