Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Microsoft has backdoor to all Windows8 machines!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Microsoft has backdoor to all Windows8 machines! Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft has backdoor to all Windows8 machines!   Microsoft has backdoor to all Windows8 machines! EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:19 am

Full Article from investmentwatchblog

Quote :
According to leaked internal documents from the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) that Die Zeit obtained, IT experts figured out that Windows 8, the touch-screen enabled, super-duper, but sales-challenged Microsoft operating system is outright dangerous for data security. It allows Microsoft to control the computer remotely through a built-in backdoor. Keys to that backdoor are likely accessible to the NSA – and in an unintended ironic twist, perhaps even to the Chinese.

And what Microsoft does remotely is not visible to the user.

In short, users of Windows 8 with TPM 2.0 surrender control over their machines the moment they turn it on for the first time.
Way to Orwellian for me. Anybody else surprised this shit has happened?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft has backdoor to all Windows8 machines!   Microsoft has backdoor to all Windows8 machines! EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:58 am

Wow. Another reason I'm glad I had Windows 7 installed on my new machine instead of Windows 8!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft has backdoor to all Windows8 machines!   Microsoft has backdoor to all Windows8 machines! EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 1:58 pm

Eric from the way the article reads, I take it that the backdoor is available only with Windows 8 that has touch screen capability.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft has backdoor to all Windows8 machines!   Microsoft has backdoor to all Windows8 machines! Empty

Back to top Go down

Microsoft has backdoor to all Windows8 machines!
Page 1 of 1