Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.  Empty
PostSubject: That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.    That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 7:36 pm

The arrival of a man infected with Ebola virus in Lagos, Nigeria—Africa’s largest city—last week was certainly an alarming development, but it’s also in some ways a distraction. Nigeria has far more resources to throw at the problem than Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone, where it has already killed 672 people. The Nigerian government has already moved quickly to quarantine the hospital where the man was being held.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_world_/2014/07/29/ebola_outbreak_it_s_not_the_disease_that_makes_ebola_so_deadly_it_s_where.html

Ive been following this, have y'all?

Makes me wonder a few things. hmmm
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.    That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:04 pm

YES!

Dogs must have more papers than humans. Yes, concerned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.    That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:17 pm

look at this. this man had ebola and died on a plane that was headed to America.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10998222/Ebola-outbreak-Victim-who-sparked-fears-of-global-epidemic-was-on-way-home-to-US.html

What a Face 

I feel a conspiracy coming on... I cant help it.  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.    That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:31 pm

If it gets over here, I don't think you would get the same reception by the populace. Over in Africa, conspiracy theories abound and the idiots over there blame Ebola on the doctors. Medical staffers cannot be found outside a hospital in scrubs... there is a good chance they would be accosted. The Africans don't want to get near a hospital.

Here, the medical community would not be treated that way here. A lot more resources would come to bear in the States and I don't think it has much of a chance to go pandemic. The gestation period for Ebola is so fast, someone infected doesn't get much of a chance to expose others.

My dad had diphtheria as a child, in Northern Minnesota, probably in the early 1920's. They partitioned the family home and he was quarantined with his mother... for almost a year, I think. They burned all his clothes and belongings.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.    That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:43 pm

I don't want to die of anything that makes my eyeballs bleed.

I've seen too many outbreak movies I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.    That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.  EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:53 pm

I don't want to sound like a alarmist. But this outbreak could be used as a live human biological weapon considering the populace over there.

The disease is usually acquired when a person comes into contact with the blood or bodily fluids of an infected animal such as a monkey or fruit bat. Fruit bats are believed to carry and spread the virus without being affected by it. Once infection of a human occurs, the disease may be spread from one person to another. Men who survive may be able to transmit the disease sexually for nearly two months
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.    That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.  Empty

Back to top Go down

That ebola outbreak, reminds me of the movie quarentine.
Page 1 of 1