Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?  Empty
PostSubject: Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?    Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?  EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 8:41 pm

I mean driverless car, robots, etc etc etc. What are "people" going to do?

There is satisfaction from labor. Yet we have made it a dirty word.

There is "thrill" in some of life's challenges.

Are we racing towards becoming vegetables?

The pack follows the greatest new idea because we get to do 'less". and somehow that is "good".

The skills to survive now belong to a select few.

It worries me. A life without "LIFE" seems to be the future.

Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?    Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?  EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 8:49 pm

I just want the dishwasher unloaded.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?    Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?  EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 8:59 pm

I can't help noticing how making things easier usually makes us less self sufficient.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?    Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?  EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 7:15 am

Agree, up to the point of 60 years. Then, we WANT easy! Sad 

Those whippersnappers should have to toil!
Back to top Go down
wilburforce

wilburforce

PostSubject: Re: Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?    Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?  EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 10:23 am

Reminds me of an episode of the Jetsons where George kept complaining about all the hard work he was doing, pushing buttons and watching robots do the rest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?    Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do we spend so much time and money on trying to make everything easier?
Page 1 of 1