Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Arctic Surfing Anyone?

Go down 
+2
riceme
nochain
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nochain

nochain

Arctic Surfing Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Arctic Surfing Anyone?   Arctic Surfing Anyone? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Arctic Surfing Anyone? Arctic-surfing-12

Arctic Surfing Anyone? Arctic-surfing-8

Video:

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Arctic Surfing Anyone?   Arctic Surfing Anyone? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 3:42 pm

File under "NOPE!"
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Arctic Surfing Anyone?   Arctic Surfing Anyone? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 3:43 pm

NOPE!

When I was a teenager, I used to surf Old Gulf Beach with just baggies on... no wetsuits.

That's about as cold as I ever wanted to be.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Arctic Surfing Anyone?   Arctic Surfing Anyone? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 6:32 pm

Crazy! You'd have to be pretty determined to pull that off
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Arctic Surfing Anyone?   Arctic Surfing Anyone? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 7:53 pm

No way... like Eric I used to surf pb to panama city... some of the best was winter. It took quite a buzz to endure that.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Arctic Surfing Anyone?   Arctic Surfing Anyone? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 9:32 pm

PkrBum wrote:
No way... like Eric I used to surf pb to panama city... some of the best was winter. It took quite a buzz to endure that.

Yeah, we'd surf in the winter with just baggies. I fondly remember coming in and sitting in the car and hitting a bottle of brandy to get that warm glow, then going back out.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Arctic Surfing Anyone?   Arctic Surfing Anyone? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:18 pm

I still surf fish in the winter and usually wind up in trunks sandfleaing and wading out to throw... it hurts just thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Arctic Surfing Anyone?   Arctic Surfing Anyone? EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 12:28 pm

I jumped on a piece of ice floating on Lake Michigan when the wind chill was -70.. YES, I was drunk and YES, I slid across the ice and fell in the lake.. I managed to get out and my clothes were frozen solid before I could take 3 steps.. Friends loaded me into the warm car and eventually I could undress and get naked...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Arctic Surfing Anyone?   Arctic Surfing Anyone? EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Alcohol will remove intelligence.

Arctic Surfing Anyone? WNwHA1h
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Arctic Surfing Anyone?   Arctic Surfing Anyone? EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 5:09 pm

"The surfers are suffering more." Uh, nope, they've got the better end of the deal…they are surfing~~~~!

That said, when the waters drops below 70, I am whining like a girl in a 3mm wetsuit. I can't imagine how cold they are…and then there are those rocks.

Holy cow, though what a place, what a wave, what water….

Great share, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arctic Surfing Anyone?   Arctic Surfing Anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Arctic Surfing Anyone?
Page 1 of 1