Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Researchers are refining tools and technologies to help us hear through our skin.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Researchers are refining tools and technologies to help us hear through our skin. Empty
PostSubject: Researchers are refining tools and technologies to help us hear through our skin.   Researchers are refining tools and technologies to help us hear through our skin. EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 7:33 pm

settle into an orange camp chair that has been stripped and fitted with 16 small, round voice coils, or speakers without loudspeaker cones. Carmen Branje hands me a pair of noise canceling headphones connected to his smartphone and launches a white noise app with instructions to jack up the volume as high as possible. Soon I feel as if I’m underneath a rushing waterfall. Branje hits play on a nearby computer and the chair begins to vibrate, though I can no longer hear the whir. The beat plays fast across my skin, the buzzes fluctuating from soft to intense as they flit up and down my back

Instead of an mp3,” he says, “I would send you a vib [vibrational] file.”< I'll take one Cool 

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/body/haptic-hearing/

Interesting.

I would offer myself up as a lab rat on this, experiment on me lol
Back to top Go down

Researchers are refining tools and technologies to help us hear through our skin.
Page 1 of 1