Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Weather Channel ??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vettecor

Vettecor

Weather Channel ?? Empty
PostSubject: Weather Channel ??   Weather Channel ?? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:28 pm

Does anybody have Cox Communications for their cable ? Three days ago I turned on the Weather Channel and noticed their was no mention of Pensacola Weather.

Even we they do local on the eights which is supposed to give you Pensacola Weather I get weather from around the United States, nothing for Pensacola.

Like I said this has gone on for 3 days. I contacted Cox and they are no help at all. They said contact the Weather Channel.

I have talked to the Weather Channel people twice in 3 days and they just say we will report the problem and it should be fixed shortly.

The whole thing seems really strange and I just wanted to see if anybody else is having this problem.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Weather Channel ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Channel ??   Weather Channel ?? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Nope. I don't get the Weather Channel. I get the super-duper internet, but plain vanilla cable TV through Cox.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

Weather Channel ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Channel ??   Weather Channel ?? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 1:31 am

From The Weather Channel:

Q: I am no longer receiving my "Local On The 8s" local forecast. What can I do to correct this?

A: Your cable provider may be experiencing a technical problem with The Weather Star computer. The Weather Star is a piece of equipment located at your cable system that generates the Local On The 8s graphics for your area. Please click on the Assistance Request Form and give us some basic information about your location (zip code), the name of your cable provider and some other key information to help us identify your system. We will contact the local provider and work with their technical staff to identify the cause of the outage and help resolve the issue. The time required to correct the problem may vary depending upon several factors, some of which may be out of the control of The Weather Channel's technical support managers. Your patience is greatly appreciated as we work with your local provider to restore your local forecast information.

http://www.weather.com/tv/programs/local-on-the-8s.html

Vette: I have traveled back in time and don't have cable, internet, or running water for that matter, lol, but I googled this because I hate Cox Cable and the response you've gotten from them did not sit right with me. I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Weather Channel ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Channel ??   Weather Channel ?? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 4:57 am

Eric wrote:
Nope.  I don't get the Weather Channel.  I get the super-duper internet, but plain vanilla cable TV through Cox.

Direct TV no longer has the weather channel either....now have national weather which is pretty much the same. The reasoning was that the weather channel wanted more $$$$$ and another service replaced them like a day later.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Weather Channel ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Channel ??   Weather Channel ?? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 10:20 am

With all of the non-weather programs on the Weather Channel, it is almost useless.  Unless there is a huge weather event like a Hurricane or a severe winter storm, they are the "Non-weather Channel".

The Weather Channel is about as useless as MTV... a channel that had some pretty good videos at one time.

If I need the Weather, I will go online and find what I need.
Back to top Go down
Vettecor

Vettecor

Weather Channel ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Channel ??   Weather Channel ?? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 11:47 am

riceme wrote:
From The Weather Channel:

Q: I am no longer receiving my "Local On The 8s" local forecast. What can I do to correct this?

A: Your cable provider may be experiencing a technical problem with The Weather Star computer. The Weather Star is a piece of equipment located at your cable system that generates the Local On The 8s graphics for your area. Please click on the Assistance Request Form and give us some basic information about your location (zip code), the name of your cable provider and some other key information to help us identify your system. We will contact the local provider and work with their technical staff to identify the cause of the outage and help resolve the issue. The time required to correct the problem may vary depending upon several factors, some of which may be out of the control of The Weather Channel's technical support managers. Your patience is greatly appreciated as we work with your local provider to restore your local forecast information.

http://www.weather.com/tv/programs/local-on-the-8s.html

Vette: I have traveled back in time and don't have cable, internet, or running water for that matter, lol, but I googled this because I hate Cox Cable and the response you've gotten from them did not sit right with me. I hope this helps.

Thanks for that information.  As of about 11:30 am today the Weather Channel has "part" of Pensacola weather running.

They give you current temperature and that is it.  No radar, no temperature for tonight, no future temperature for days ahead.

They must be working on it and have to download additional information.

Thanks again for that information you provided.
Back to top Go down

Weather Channel ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Channel ??   Weather Channel ?? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 4:43 pm

I have Cox but I never liked the weather channel anyway. I don't truly care what the weather is like in the rest of the country unless I plan to be traveling.

I tap the weather app on my phone when I want to know what the next few days will be like. It gives me hour by hour predictions for my location and I like that a lot.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Weather Channel ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Channel ??   Weather Channel ?? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 4:59 pm

I go online at the Weather Channel and get this:

Weather Channel ?? Weathe10

I like Intellicast's Radar and my iPad has a nice app that shows radar very nicely. I can't remember the name of the app.
Back to top Go down
Vettecor

Vettecor

Weather Channel ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Channel ??   Weather Channel ?? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 5:28 pm

Everything is back to normal in regards to Pensacola weather on the Weather Channel.

I turned on the channel around 5:00 pm and it showed todays weather, tonight's weather, radar and next 7 days.

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Weather Channel ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Channel ??   Weather Channel ?? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 6:33 pm

You're welcome Vette, and glad it's fixed for you.

I have tried a lot of different weather apps and have dumped them all except one, which is Elecont. It's available for both iPhone and Android OS, it is highly customizable, you can add as many locations as you want, and/or customize a location to different weather stations and/or weather forecast providers. It will (or won't, if you choose) provide you with everything from the real temperature, wind chill, wind speed & direction, barometric pressure, times of sun & moon rise & set, geometric index, earthquakes, small craft advisories, any possible type of weather alert... you name it. I don't think I could possibly name everything it will tell you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weather Channel ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Channel ??   Weather Channel ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Weather Channel ??
Page 1 of 1