Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Ron Paul Channel

Go down 
+2
riceme
stormwatch89
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

The Ron Paul Channel Empty
PostSubject: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Amazing!
Here's some news you'll never see on your TV: together, we're about to create a media revolution.

We're launching The Ron Paul Channel -- a media network dedicated to pursuing and reporting on the truth, fostering meaningful conversations, and celebrating the values that you and I agree must be restored in order to restore our great republic.

Let me show you an exclusive look at the set of the Ron Paul Channel. Watch this short video, then sign up to be the first to know when we launch.

The First Look at Our Next Chapter - Watch and Sign Up

The mainstream media and big government have chipped away at our freedom of speech and the press. Meanwhile our government is more secretive than ever. The NSA and IRS have crossed the line into our personal lives that the Founding Fathers could never have anticipated.

Forcing transparency, providing accurate and timely reporting, and sharing analysis about what's actually going on! There are some in mainstream media who have been asleep at the switch. So we are taking on the challenge, because you deserve the truth.

The Ron Paul Channel will be a platform for the uncensored, and sometimes ugly, truth that you won't see anywhere else. We'll feature the boldest, most fearless patriots and bring you the news and information everyone else is afraid to cover. We won't play favorites. We will invite guests who have differing points of view and here's an idea—we will engage in an honest conversation, or even debate, about the issues. We won't be influenced by advertisers, and we won't be censored. The Ron Paul Channel will be OUR channel! And the channel for the Truth.

If I know anything about the commitment of so many supporters of liberty like you, it's this:

Together we'll change more than just the information people get about the world around them -- we'll change the future of the country we love so much.

I sincerely hope all of you will join me in this patriotic experiment to change the media landscape.

Watch my video and sign up so you don't miss the full launch of the Ron Paul Channel:

http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/preview

Sincerely,
Dr. Ron Paul

P.S. -- If you spread the word about the Ron Paul Channel to 10 of your friends, you can become a “Founding Subscriber” to the first media platform dedicated to liberty and truth. If you do, your name will be highlighted on our first broadcast! http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/preview

As a member of the Ron Paul List you are receiving this message from Dr. Ron Paul to let you know about his upcoming endeavor -- The Ron Paul Channel. In the coming days, Ron Paul supporters will receive more information about the launch of The Ron Paul Channel. If you wish to continue receiving messages like this one, please subscribe by following the link in the email below.
If you wish to unsubscribe from Ron Paul List click here. Your request will be processed within 10 days.

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:39 pm

Awesome... I'mma send this to Teo! Thanks, Stormy!

Hey, I meant to tell you that my little town (4,000 people in city limits) had it's first Libertarian Party meeting two Sundays ago! How cool is that?? I always tell people this (although no one ever believes me), and Bob figured this out when he visited, but aside from the hell hole that is LA (which I consider to be everything South of the LA County line), along with SF and Sacramento, the rest of this state is pretty damned conservative. It's too bad that the big cities outnumber us, 'cos the politics of this state suck. :'(
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Hmm... creepy. When I signed up to get notified of upcoming announcements, I used my junk email address which is not associated with my real name, but with my favorite mathematical sequence. But when the confirmation email arrived, it came addressed to me... my first name. :/. How does THAT work??

Wait a second, did it ask for my name and I'm having CRS?? :-o It's a little early for Alzheimer's!

===EDIT===

LOL. Apparently I'm getting early-onset. I just reopened the link and the first thing it asked me for was my name. **DUR!!** It's scary when you can't remember what you did 30-seconds ago. pale 
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:50 pm

riceme wrote:
Awesome... I'mma send this to Teo! Thanks, Stormy!

Hey, I meant to tell you that my little town (4,000 people in city limits) had it's first Libertarian Party meeting two Sundays ago! How cool is that?? I always tell people this (although no one ever believes me), and Bob figured this out when he visited, but aside from the hell hole that is LA (which I consider to be everything South of the LA County line), along with SF and Sacramento, the rest of this state is pretty damned conservative. It's too bad that the big cities outnumber us, 'cos the politics of this state suck. :'(

Thank you sweet AND INTELLIGENT ladies for sharing Ron Pauls new vision....I love that guy.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:36 pm

[quote="TEOTWAWKI"]
riceme wrote:

Thank you sweet AND INTELLIGENT ladies for sharing Ron Pauls new vision....I love that guy.

You're welcome, T! I know I speak for Stormy when I say that we I love you RP, too! Like a Star @ heaven 

Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Yes, you do, RM.  I'm laughing my butt off about your crs.  Girl, you are younger than I!

Gawd, think how I feel!!!!

Y'all need to look at the Rand Paul site as well.  He doesn't exactly exude charisma, but he's one shaker in my opinion.

I've been signing petitions he's presented all week.

I'm hoping Ron will be using the channel to promote Rand.............should be fun!

Riceme, your town sounds like a hoot and better "grounded" than GB.  I envy you the "country life",
although my Vet just accused me of being a hick because I rarely cross the 3 mile bridge.  Smile

Probably my best friend of 40+ years is in San Bruno and insists she's surrounded by "friendlies".
We joke about it a lot. Cities always are louder, but it doesn't mean they are more correct.

Hope you're attending the meetings, girl!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:19 am

LOL, you crack me up, Stormy.

Hey, Ron Paul isn't exactly "Mister Charisma" either... know what I mean?? I love him because he's smart as a whip and because of his politics. Rand is no slouch, but he ain't his daddy. Ya know?? Maybe it's Papa Paul's age that has brought him so much wisdom that I respect and admire so much, I don't know. I'm just much more fond of Ron than I am of Rand. Maybe I'll warm-up to Junior... we'll see. Don't get me wrong, I like him... I just want to love him like I love his daddy. And I don't (yet?).

My town is awesome, Stormy. And I don't even *live* in town! I live about 20-miles outside of town nestled in the mountains behind a locked gate... complete and utter privacy. There is not a window in my house that has a curtain or a blind on it, and that's the way I like it... lots of sunshine! Not a soul can see in here from any vantage, and only two people know where I live... my daddy and my best friend James' daddy, who lives down the hill from me (I am a little bit of a privacy nut, haha). In the year and 8 or 9 months that I've lived here, not a single person has ever knocked on my door... Pure heaven! I truly live in God's Country.

I don't blame you one bit for hardly ever crossing 3-mile bridge! When I was in the area, we lived in a really beautiful, quiet little neighborhood right off Garcon Point Road and just had to jump on the 10, go across the bridge and get off on Scenic to go to the factory for work every day. I avoided the city like the Black Plague. The traffic made me nervous, antsy and impatient. Boy, I didn't know how good I had it, because from there I went to work for our competitor and I had to spend several months living in ORLANDO before they got office space for me in Kansas! It took me between 45-minutes to 1-1/2 hours every day to drive 12-miles to work. I would get there and I'd be hyperventilating and my face would be beet red. The guys I worked with would yell to my manager, "GLEN! You have GOT to get this girl TO KANSAS! She is NOT GONNA MAKE IT!!" LOL.

I laughed my ass off at your mention of "friendlies." I had to make an extremely rare trip to The Big City today, where I was fortunate enough to see a very old friend whom I'd not seen for nine years. We were driving around the city (he was my navigator), we were in a bad part of town and I locked my door when I saw some degenerate next to me, being the frigging bumpkin that I am. He looked at me and said, "Good girl, there's a Bogie at your 9-o'clock." Immediately falling into role I said, "Copy Bogie at my 9-o'clock; took tactical measures to prevent ambush, sir." He says, "Good work, Marine. Proceed with mission. Over." OH, we went into a store and a very polite panhandler asked me for money, which I politely declined to give him. Marshall whispered loudly to me, "WE'RE TAKING FRIENDLY FIRE! WE'RE TAKING FRIENDLY FIRE!!" I couldn't help it and I snorted in laughter then laughed my ass off when we got into the store. Our entire drive was like that. lol. I HATE the city. And oddly enough, I have to go back tomorrow! :/ But I do get to see Marshall again, so that's good Smile.

Okay, that's enough of my BS for now. Love ya, lady. Wink
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:40 am

I feel like I am listening in on a private conversation... I liked that story about your trip to town, Ricey.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Rice me and I are soul sisters, sorry Eric.

We just dance to the same tune.

Riceme, you'll love this.  My lot to the left is vacant.....totally.  The neighbor to the right has been a diplomat in Tel Aviv for.....forever.  I've had my seclusion as much as anyone can in GB.

The diplomat is moving (retiring) in Oct and I'm already erecting barricades and other privacy measures.

It's challenging being a hermit!!

Hugs
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 4:58 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:
Rice me and I are soul sisters, sorry Eric.

We just dance to the same tune.

Riceme, you'll love this.  My lot to the left is vacant.....totally.  The neighbor to the right has been a diplomat in Tel Aviv for.....forever.  I've had my seclusion as much as anyone can in GB.

The diplomat is moving (retiring) in Oct and I'm already erecting barricades and other privacy measures.

It's challenging being a hermit!!

Hugs
E, if I wanted the conversation to be private, I'd just email Miss Stormy. I care not if you all read above. If anyone finds my long stories annoying, hopefully they simply iggy and skip over them. Tee hee!

Stormy, it seems to me that you've mentioned your Tel Aviv neighbor to me before, although I could be thinking of another friend. Who knows... You know me and my CRS these days! You *GO GIRL* with your barricades! A hermit gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do when she's seeking hermitude in the city... Well, what qualifies as "city" to me anyways, lol.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 10:31 am

I love the stories! Heaven knows I've told enough of my own. Very Happy 

Girls, I have simply got to go find a link I was sent on Facebook a couple of days ago. I think all three of us can relate to it.

Back in a sec.....
---------------------------------------------

EDIT: Here 'tis:

27 Problems Only Introverts Will Understand

http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/problems-only-introverts-will-understand
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:04 pm

Oh my word, Melissa!  How did you come to know me so well?  Me thinks there is a lot of Rice Me in there, as well.

K- 3 soul sisters!

Love the one about the phone calls.  I spent 15+ years on the phone and today, still, it gives me chills when I hear it ring.........HATE IT!  That applies even when I'm working.......but at home?  DO NOT CALL, THANK YOU!

Barricades are doing nicely, Rice Me.  Got the yard totally fenced and gated, put up a partition on my porch and am adding blinds.............do you think I need mine fields?

The blinds are basically needed due to fisher people who insist on netting Mullet at all hours. My dogs think the bay belongs to them......period. Many a night I've been rudely brought to by two mastiffs in bed barking (Paige) and howling (Sophie). Still not sure where the howl came from, but it is what it is.

Your community sounds like heaven although I will say no one comes to my door either....the gates and Mastiffs seem to take care of social calls.Evil or Very Mad

You're right, we do what we gotta do to stay sane!

Thanks, Melissa......I loved the link!
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Rice Me, you do carry pepper spray, right?  Please tell me you do!

Sorry, Eric.  This may have well become a girls chat, but all are welcome to read or ignore.

The three of us just......connect.  Isn't that why we're really here?

Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 pm

BTW, Teo, thank you! I wish to see more of you here. I miss you're alternate attitude!

On topic, Rand Paul has had to be influenced by Dad. We all are. I have some hope for him.

While I miss the irritate nature of PDF, I won't be back there until SO has left....he was gunning for me and it was just tooooooooo caustic.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 2:04 pm

And I'm glad to see NoChain here. Differing opinions help spice up our forum! Now if only doubtingthomas would head on over....!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 2:05 pm

Yes, Stormy, that's exactly why we're here. Connections!

Speaking of connections, I had the opportunity to meet FloridaTexan in person a couple of weeks ago. A lovely lady! I'm sure she can appreciate the link, too. Politics aside, we women can always find ways to just play and connect, and I treasure that.

Like you, Stormy, I can't abide talking on the phone. I don't know why. I haven't always been that way; this seems to have evolved over the last ten years or so. Sometimes I think it's because I communicate better in writing than I do in person. Like the link portrays, I am an introvert. I am also somewhat shy by nature, unless I'm riled up. Then, it's Katie bar the doors!

Oh.....and Buddy says to tell you Soph is howling because she has some wolf in her after all. sunny
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:00 pm

Wow, wow, wow. Just wow. That introvert link!!! Amazing. I have a funny anecdote for every single one of them... seriously. But, I'll spare you all and make just two quick comments: Regarding number five, which says, "And the fear that by doing so (spending a heavenly weekend alone), you’re slowly turning into a hermit…" I am WAY PAST the FEAR of turning into a hermit; I am a completely certified and documented hermit. And, I am not a phone-talker either! I HATE talking on the phone! How funny is that?? Men bitch all the time about how women love to gab on the phone for hours on end, and here we randomly have three women... who randomly happen to be in the same conversation... who randomly hate talking on the phone. I love it.

Oh, I simply must philosophize for a moment about being notoriously quiet, and I'm gonna go deep, lol. I think I know why I am so quiet... I mean, aside from just being an introvert and a hermit, of course, haha.

I am the youngest of six, all of my siblings are very extroverted, and in my folks' house we *ALWAYS* sat down to the supper table together for all three meals and discussed our days, etc. (Well, SOME of us did, anyways! lol.) Inevitably, one of my parents would ask me something about my day at school, my sheep, whatever, and as soon as I began to answer, one of my boisterous, extroverted siblings would start talking about something else, OR get impatient with me because I'd paused to collect my thoughts before speaking, and they would "help" me by answering FOR me. I refused to compete for "the floor," so I would simply stop talking... and I never got a word in edgewise. We were raised not to interrupt, but there were always so many kids in our house, it was so noisy, there was SO much going on that I don't think my folks ever really noticed that everyone always interrupted me. Heck, I don't know why I'm speaking in the past-tense, because this still happens to this day. Anyhow, over time I just learned to shut up and listen.

What never fails to amuse me though is that I have always had a very sharp sense of humor (like, so sharp it'll cut a bitch, haha), and since I was a kid, every now and then I softly utter something wickedly funny and -- lo and behold -- they actually HEAR me and the entire house falls silent, shock registers on all of their faces, then they all burst out into laughter.

jocolor 

I'm so glad that I'm among My People here... my soul sisters, fellow introverts and budding hermits, under my very own tutelage, lol.

Heck, I'm such a shut-in that sometimes I can't even abide chatting on the forums or via email, which is why I disappear for many weeks at a time every now & again. Az recently shook me out of the branches of such a tree (she is The Best!) and in VERY rare form, I went to the city both last night AND the night before and went out with my old friend Marshall, whom I had not seen in 9-years. It was SO great to see him, we had TONS of fun, and he's coming up the mountain to visit me tomorrow night... and hopefully we can get some of the other boys to meet-up with us too. I'd like that.

alien  <-- Me, haha.

I love you all... I love you 
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 9:22 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:
BTW, Teo, thank you!  I wish to see more of you here.  I miss you're alternate attitude!

On topic,  Rand Paul has had to be influenced by Dad.  We all are.  I have some hope for him.

While I miss the irritate nature of PDF, I won't be back there until SO has left....he was gunning for me and it was just tooooooooo caustic.
Well here I is ! How have you been Stormy ?
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 5:16 am

I be good Teo..you?
Like Rice Me, I tend to disappear for times to regroup. We hermits tend to do that.

Rice Me, I loved the story of your large family and you being shut out. My family was small, but they were all scientists and I was the dumb one. Inevitably the conversation went to chemical equations and such and I sat on the outside wishing I was schmarter. I empathize.

Melissa, I always kinda knew FT was a nice lady although I've not met her. She has demonstrated a kind side when not on a political kick. Kudos. Sophie does NOT have wolf in her. Thank you, very much! Smile

Ah, Sunday. My favorite day of the week. No need to get dressed, no phone calls (hopefully) a true hermit delight day.

Enjoy ladies or uh soul sisters. Gotta love it and you!
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 5:34 am

While the words are not appropriate, I just love this song.  It made me think of my girl friends and Samsung appliances.  Smile

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=train%2C+soul+sister&ei=UTF-8&fr=chrf-yff23

Last edited by stormwatch89 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:18 pm

I be good Teo..you?
Like Rice Me, I tend to disappear for times to regroup.  We hermits tend to do that.

I am pretty good..finally got old enough to retire. Now I am readjusting to all this free time. Trying to plan a trip somewhere to do something. Just have too many options. Never been in this position..worked my whole adult life.I have a new idea I might try to canoe the length the the Suwanee river. I feel like a Jack Russel Terrier that just got let out of the kennel.

Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 5:10 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
I be good Teo..you?
Like Rice Me, I tend to disappear for times to regroup.  We hermits tend to do that.

I am pretty good..finally got old enough to retire. Now I am  readjusting to all this free time. Trying to plan a trip somewhere to do something. Just have too many options. Never been in this position..worked my whole adult life.I have a new idea I might try to canoe the length the the Suwanee river. I feel like a Jack Russel Terrier that just got let out of the kennel.

Ah, good for you Teo!

It's good to try to keep busy. I know how boring retirement can be and the Jack Russel feeling.

Looks like you've been doing some canoeing......Suwanee could be fun!

Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:11 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
I be good Teo..you?

I am pretty good..finally got old enough to retire. Now I am  readjusting to all this free time. Trying to plan a trip somewhere to do something. Just have too many options. Never been in this position..worked my whole adult life.I have a new idea I might try to canoe the length the the Suwanee river. I feel like a Jack Russel Terrier that just got let out of the kennel.

Teo, have you been to the Ichetucknee River? It is a state park about an hour's drive East of Tallahassee. When you get close to the park, you see that gas stations and tourist places have piles of inner tubes. They rent them to you... they're marked so they can come to the park and get them. You pick up the tubes, proceed to the park and they have truck thingies that pull multiple trailers like a little trolley train... you ride in the open-aired trailers to the launch area and ride the ice cold river to the get-out spot.

The river is not too wide, has heavily vegetated banks, a kelp-like bottom, no sandbars and is a lot cleaner than Coldwater Creek. It flows out of a limestone hole... did I say it was cold?

You can leave your inner tube at the end point, or ride the trolley back to the beginning and do it again, or ride the trolley back to the mid point where your car is parked.

It is worth doing the Ichetucknee at least once. It is definitely a "back to nature" experience. Whenever we were heading down to the East coast of Florida or heading toward South Florida, we would try to stop at the Ichetucknee for a float trip. I highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Thanks I kind of like the camping side of canoeing also. Tubes just don't carry enough gear...LOL.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 7:37 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Thanks I kind of like the camping side of canoeing also. Tubes just don't carry enough gear...LOL.
We did the two-day thing on the Coldwater with my brother and his bride. When we decided to camp, my brother and his wife just stood there with some gear in their hands, watching us. When asked what in hell they were doing, they said they wanted to see where I pitch our tent... so they could pitch their tent as far away as they could.

Something about getting away from that bear that growled in the woods... (my snoring).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ron Paul Channel   The Ron Paul Channel Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ron Paul Channel
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next