Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why are taxpayers paying for MO to vacation in China?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nochain

nochain

Why are taxpayers paying for MO to vacation in China? Empty
PostSubject: Why are taxpayers paying for MO to vacation in China?   Why are taxpayers paying for MO to vacation in China? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Reports are she has an entourage of about 70 people including the kiddies and her Mother. I would guess this is costing millions that might be better used somewhere here in the states.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Why are taxpayers paying for MO to vacation in China?   Why are taxpayers paying for MO to vacation in China? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:18 am

"Many" or "several" million would probably be a better WAG, assuming they're taking AF-1, as it costs about $200k/hr to fly. Add overhead (salaries for the "entourage," etc., hotels, security, dining, blabady, blah blah blah) and that's quite a chunk of change. And is Marine One going, too? You know, in case they need to make a hop or two? Add the expense for that ship, its crew, plus the cargo plane that hauls HMX-1 long distances for such purposes. Oh yeah, so add the expense of THAT plane, its fuel, its crew...

It would be nice if all that money was being spent in Ye Olde U. S. of A. Oh, wait... we live in a "global economy" now, right?? So, that means we're good, right??

drunken 
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Why are taxpayers paying for MO to vacation in China?   Why are taxpayers paying for MO to vacation in China? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 4:53 am

nochain wrote:
Reports are she has an entourage of about 70 people including the kiddies and her Mother. I would guess this is costing millions that might be better used somewhere here in the states.

SPRING BREAK!....And what better place to go than China!  Remember the good old days when some complained about Bush and his family going to Texas for vacations?  At least the Bush's owned their vacation ranch. Being honest though would you expect them to go to Chicago?
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Why are taxpayers paying for MO to vacation in China?   Why are taxpayers paying for MO to vacation in China? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 8:45 am

The really pitiful part of this boondoggle is the scam that she went to "promote education" so it falls under soft diplomacy (read FREE trip).... How about promoting education right here in the U.S.?
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Why are taxpayers paying for MO to vacation in China?   Why are taxpayers paying for MO to vacation in China? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 9:05 am

nochain wrote:
The really pitiful part of this boondoggle is the scam that she went to "promote education" so it falls under soft diplomacy (read FREE trip).... How about promoting education right here in the U.S.?

They do....$$$$ to the NEA!...Maybe she is going to help some obese Chinese children. Remember when you didn't finish eating the old saying about a kid starving in China?...Perhaps they aren't starving and need help to get in shape. I knew my comedic future was doomed when I told my father.."good they can have these yams"..that did not end well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are taxpayers paying for MO to vacation in China?   Why are taxpayers paying for MO to vacation in China? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why are taxpayers paying for MO to vacation in China?
Page 1 of 1