Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

An observation on the use of death-inducing opiods.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

An observation on the use of death-inducing opiods. Empty
PostSubject: An observation on the use of death-inducing opiods.   An observation on the use of death-inducing opiods. EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:50 pm

Lately, there have been articles about the use of alternate death-inducing chemicals for executions.  Opponents of the death penalty decry the agonizing 25-minute time frame for the latest inmate to die.

In Ohio, Dennis McGuire’s execution employed the use of a two-drug blend of the sedative midazolam and the painkiller hydromorphone.

Anyone who has taken an adequate amount of hydromorphone or other opiod drugs can attest to the sensation of sedation and euphoria (sometimes disphoria).  I don't think Mr. McGuire was under tremendous stress or anxiety when he was dying.  Actually, he may have been experiencing a pleasurable sensation on his way to meet his maker.

In my mind, his death was carried out in a humane manner.  Opponents say Mr. McGuire had an agonizing death.  I say "bullshit"!  Dilaudid, a much sought-after recreational drug, has hydromorphone as it's active ingredient.

If I had to die for committing a heinous crime, I wouldn't mind going out on opiods at all.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: An observation on the use of death-inducing opiods.   An observation on the use of death-inducing opiods. EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Give the prisoner his/her choice of drugs, hanging, electric chair, or firing squad.. Then they will complain that the prisoner couldn't decide so they delayed it for 2 years..
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: An observation on the use of death-inducing opiods.   An observation on the use of death-inducing opiods. EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 7:04 pm

I agree with both of you.

This execution was of a subhuman who murdered a woman in her seventh month of pregnancy.

Last edited by SheSurfs on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Being redundantly redundant.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An observation on the use of death-inducing opiods.   An observation on the use of death-inducing opiods. EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 8:21 pm

I agree with all of you too.I listen to "progressive" radio when I'm in my car sometimes,and I was listening a couple of days ago when a host named Michelangelo Signorelli was on. He was discussing the cruel 25 minute death of the guy up in Ohio,and it almost made me sick.This guy was a savage murderer who gave no thought to his victim and didn't deserve the relatively easy death he got.The radio host said our justice system isn't supposed to be about retribution. Of course it is, when the penalty handed down by a jury is death. He even claimed that "no jury can ever be sure." That may be true, but in most cases where death is handed down as punishment there wasn't too much doubt about who the killer was.
I might be a liberal sometimes but I'm not so open minded that my brains have fallen out.

The guy got what he deserved and probably better than he deserved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An observation on the use of death-inducing opiods.   An observation on the use of death-inducing opiods. Empty

Back to top Go down

An observation on the use of death-inducing opiods.
Page 1 of 1