Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Celebrities you thought had already passed away..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Celebrities you thought had already passed away.. Empty
PostSubject: Celebrities you thought had already passed away..   Celebrities you thought had already passed away.. EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:16 pm

http://www.ranker.com/list/old-celebrities-you-didn-and-_39_t-realize-are-still-alive/carlybobarly?format=SLIDESHOW&page=5

It's a strange list but I have to admit several of the people on it shocked me. Olivia deHaviland was one of them and also Ed Asner.
I was sure I remembered Ed Asner dying?
I guess not.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities you thought had already passed away..   Celebrities you thought had already passed away.. EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 3:44 pm

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities you thought had already passed away..   Celebrities you thought had already passed away.. EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 3:59 pm

Zsa Zsa isn't in too good of health (car accident - paralyzed, two strokes, leg amputated, etc.)

Neither is Jerry Lewis.  Wikipedia says: Lewis has had prostate cancer, type 1 diabetes, pulmonary fibrosis, and a decades-long history of heart disease. Prednisone treatment in the early 2000s for pulmonary fibrosis resulted in weight gain and a noticeable change in his appearance.

And Betty White is 92 TODAY!

Celebrities you thought had already passed away.. Betty-white-portrait-ftr
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities you thought had already passed away..   Celebrities you thought had already passed away.. EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:16 pm

I love that new tag line Eric. Yes, we all knew Mrs. Alan Ludden was still alive. She's a real inspiration. Hope I can think as fast as she can when I'm her age.
Lauren Bacall proved a woman can still be beautiful far past the age she's offered roles in movies. She is one class act.

I don't know about you but nearly every time I hear of a celebrity dying, I realize I already thought they were dead a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities you thought had already passed away..   Celebrities you thought had already passed away.. EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 8:47 am

The professor from Gilligans Island died this week. They showed a pic of him in his later years and I wouldn't have known who that was if they hadn't been running a story about his passing.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
wilburforce

wilburforce

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities you thought had already passed away..   Celebrities you thought had already passed away.. EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 2:16 pm

The first back to back Oscar winning actress Luise Rainer goes on and on at 104, God bless her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities you thought had already passed away..   Celebrities you thought had already passed away.. EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 6:00 pm

wilburforce wrote:
The first back to back Oscar winning actress Luise Rainer goes on and on at 104, God bless her.

Yes, you made me look her up. I didn't remember her name at all. She must have been good though. When I saw the Oscar nominees yesterday I decided I might just watch the show this year and root for Bruce Dern. He's been an extremely good actor for as long as I can remember. He was famous for shooting John Wayne in one of the Dukes big time movies. I can't remember which.
Dern was always the perfect bad guy.
He can do the sentimental roles too though. I've seen him in a couple and he's excellent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebrities you thought had already passed away..   Celebrities you thought had already passed away.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Celebrities you thought had already passed away..
Page 1 of 1