Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Google Location History

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

Google Location History Empty
PostSubject: Google Location History   Google Location History EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Does anyone else receive or read their reports from Google Location History?? HOLY MACKEREL!!

Okay, I have several concerns, one of which is pretty minor. But the accuracy is dismal at best. I

was just looking at mine, and apparently on Saturday, 06 July 2013, at 16:53:14 I took a trip to Hermiston, Oregon 97838, USA. Or at least, my phone did. Uhh, I WISH! Not only that, but apparently I have flown (Location History shows to Minot, North Dakota eight times in the past year. Again, I WISH, because there is tons of wind work up there, so that would mean that I was rolling in it! On top of all my trips to ND, I also flew to San Francisco, Phoenix, Aurora, Colorado (in March, not September when I flew into Durango) and Alaska a whole bunch of times.

I wish I remembered my trips to Alaska, because I've wanted to go my whole life. I'll have to call my cousin's wife and see if she can email me the pictures from my trips. I guess we must have enjoyed a lot of celebratory beverages during my vacations up there.

drunken 

I hesitate to turn it off because I once used it to prove to Motorola (... or Verizon?? I now forget which) that my Droid 4 was still on the plane from my flight from Wichita to Denver and not in California with me, to get them to send a replacement faster (yes, I know it sounds absurd. It was.). When it's accurate, it is pretty damned accurate. But I don't know what the deal is with all these awesome trips I've been making lately. Probably most importantly, I am not a fan of Google, how they're taking over the world and storing every little piece of data about me and my life that they can get. But another cool thing is that this enables me to back-up all my Google information... See below:

Google Location History GoogleTakeout_ExampleDownload

So what's a girl to do?? Leave it enabled? Disable??? Question 
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Google Location History   Google Location History EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Riceme, ever heard of EXIF?
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Google Location History   Google Location History EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Yeah, why GR?

If you're referring to geotagging, I have it turned off on my phone and Facebook (although I never post there anyways).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Google Location History   Google Location History Empty

Back to top Go down

Google Location History
Page 1 of 1