Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

meanwhile, in Alaska

Go down 
+8
mediawatcher
Joanimaroni
Jake92
PkrBum
Ghost Rider
Eric
riceme
nochain
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Mmm! Tasty vittles!

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 712616_f520
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 10:07 pm

DAMN IT'S COLD I NEED A NICE WARM FACE...

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 Cockroach3
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 10:20 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
DAMN IT'S COLD I NEED A NICE WARM FACE...

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 Cockroach3

Ooo, I heard that AuntieChrist's face was really warm and snuggley!

Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
AuntieChrist

AuntieChrist

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 2:24 pm

'Scuse me but I'm going to go throw up now.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 10:38 am

Now here is a good truck for Riceme, just in time for winter

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 Zetrosultraluxurymercedes6x6rvtruckcustom-builtlivingstation-04
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 11:06 am

Suweet! I would be the belle of the ball in that rig!!

I actually think I'm going to buy this pickup as a temporary until next year:

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 99Fordphp

The Taco must have overheard me saying that I was going to divorce her because she went tits up Thursday on my way home. She started burning oil, so I pulled into the fuel station in Fox and did some investigation... looks like I may have blown a valve seal or maybe a piston ring. I called a wrecker and had her hauled home. I was going to buy a truck two days later... she couldn't have been decent about it and gotten me to and from work one more day?? Sheesh! No, really. Any truck that you get 215-220k miles out of and 17 years for $10k is nothing to complain about. I got every penny and more out of her.

I had been researching and knew what I wanted. Then because everyone got their PFD checks on Thursday the three trucks I'd wanted sold before I got there on Saturday morning. It's the same all over the state... vehicle inventory, whether it's a truck, car, plane, snowmachine or quad... sold. So, this Ford... it's not perfect, but if my mechanic says it's good to get me through the next 9-months I think I'll get it.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 7:05 pm

riceme wrote:
Suweet! I would be the belle of the ball in that rig!!

I actually think I'm going to buy this pickup as a temporary until next year:

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 99Fordphp

Looks nice enough.

On Thursday night, we bought a 2 year-old Honda Odyssey. It has ALL the bells and whistles. Drove to P'cola and back... very nice.

I hope you're as happy with your F-150, Ricey.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 11:05 pm

Well, a guy brought a Silverado 2500 6.0L v8 gasoline w/the Allison transmission in from Valdez this morning and if my mechanic gives it the thumbs up tomorrow morning it will be mine tomorrow afternoon. I would have been happy with the 3/4 ton Ford but it was older than I wanted. This Chevy is nice, safe and a good deal, and it will not be just temporary until next summer:

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 20141006_2008Silverado2500_60v8Allison

Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 8:09 am

Niiice..!! But I'd still take my old ford highboy... lol.

I was just wondering if you put winches on it? Might come in handy someday.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 8:20 am

That is not a bad idea. There was a snowplow implement on one of the other ones I was going to buy. Yeah, I liked the Ford 250 above... it's a pretty nice pickup and has all the features I was looking for, but it's pretty old. Low miles, but old. The Silverado is pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 9:10 am

I was noticing in the picture you posted of the road that there isn't much to attach a winch to... might be a good idea to have a big spike and a sledge hammer too.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 10:59 am

lol, I always have a splitting maul in my rig, which doubles as a sledge hammer... will add spike, lol.

Actually, I always carry 2" tow straps, chains and a crapton of burlap bags for traction. I used to have a come along, but I think my husband got it in the divorce because I haven't seen it since I lived in Florida.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 4:14 pm

I gave my oldest a full tool set for christmas. I've taught her to do a ton to her car so far... oil change, plugs, wires, belt, alternator, battery, brakes. She's loving it... lol. She's even helped friends now and said boys have complimented her tools (I got carried away at sears).
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 5:17 pm

That's awesome. Every girl should know how to perform a basic tune up. My dad required that we all know how before we got our driver's licenses.

A guy who I work with told me yesterday he was going to buy a new car for his wife. I asked him what he was getting her and he said a Dodge Journey. I was like, "WHAAATTT? Dude, have you researched the reliability and safety ratings on that??" He said he didn't even know what I meant. I was dumbfounded and pulled up the information on Google. That year make & model has 2.5 stars out of 5 for reliability and 1.5 stars for safety. I showed him and asked him on what basis he'd decided he was going to buy the car. "My wife thinks they're cute cars."

affraid

I asked him if he was going to put his wife, toddler and infant in a car with a 1.5/5 safety rating. "Umm, no."

This is the same guy who told me that "bigger is not always better" when he saw the truck that I want to buy. Bigger was not the point. Not even a little bit. I started researching the truck I was going to buy three years ago. I put the research in high gear in June. I started narrowing it down a few weeks ago. I would never pass a car on the road and say, "OMG, that is, like SOOOO cute! I want THAT one!" A vehicle is utilitarian... it's like a tool. If I can't fit my shit into it, it's not going to work for me. Some people will never get it.

EDIT: Case in point regarding what does and does not matter in a vehicle. I think the front end on Chevy trucks between 2003 - 2007 are uglier than sin, and I mean UGLY. Ugliest pickup I have ever seen. But in the past two weeks there have been three of them that I was ready to buy. Just doesn't matter to me. I don't know why I'm so fired up over this guy's criteria for buying a vehicle for his wife, but it really upsets me. He's ready to buy a $30k car because she thinks it's cute. It's an unsafe piece of shit. I don't get it. Does not compute.

Last edited by riceme on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 12:15 am

It's a done deal... I bought the Silverado. Pretty sweet ride.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 9:25 am

If it has heated seats you have my old truck beat... lol.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 10:19 am

Great truck Riceme...enjoy it, may it deliver you safely to all your wonderful adventures....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Noo, no heated seats. This is a work truck model, although it still seems fancy to me. It has vinyl floorboards which I like because even when the rest of the Alaska Interior is covered in ice for 7-months, the mine is muddy because we blast, bulldoze and grade every day. So, I like that I can hose it out. And it'll be awesome during breakup season. No heated seats, no leather, no cruise control, etc. The Allison transmission is soooo sweet. I have always hated automatics, but after driving it one day I am a total convert.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 1:54 pm

Really hard to drink, txt and smoke with a standard transmission.....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 3:09 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Really hard to drink, txt and smoke with a standard transmission.....

I am a good multitasker.

bounce
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:29 pm

Heaven help everybody on the road if I had to text. I couldn't do it and survive.

Drinking and smoking... I could do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 7:10 pm

lol, same here. I can't even do that speech to text thing. I don't know why, it just pisses me off, lol. I am constantly striking whatever the magical combination of keys is that starts up that damn feature though and it irritates the hell out of me, then I end up screaming at my phone and the speech to text thingy dingy gets confused.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 4:26 pm

Last night:

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 54441f7b0d2b1
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 4:32 pm

The sun is very active right now and emitted  some X Ray class yesterday. there is also a huge sunspot rotating our way...

found an avatar for AZ..

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 D49165f191
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

meanwhile, in Alaska
Page 12 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next