Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For Nekochan(And everyone else, of course)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

For Nekochan(And everyone else, of course) Empty
PostSubject: For Nekochan(And everyone else, of course)   For Nekochan(And everyone else, of course) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:40 pm

Chitose story I posted on the 12th ASA Field Station page

In my favorite Ramen shop they had a cricket that using to "sing" all the time. It was a big joke because of my poor language skills, I would always ask, "What is that" in possibly the worse Japanese they had ever heard. They would always politely answer "Kuriketto(san). I never could remember the name so every time I went in, I asked the same damn question. One night they paid me back by not serving me until I could remember the name of the Cricket. I guessed everything from Benjo to Yakatori but no joy. It was all good fun and they gave me something to eat when they saw I was not going to remember it. Not long ago I heard a Cricket chirping and I started laughing. My Grandson asked "What is so funny?" Well, Along time ago.

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: For Nekochan(And everyone else, of course)   For Nekochan(And everyone else, of course) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:13 am

Another one..

One day I started drinking very early, maybe 6am or so. I, for some reason, had a fair amount of money and also had the next day off. It was a good day, met some friends at the Blue Chalice, Bar Amys and of course my home away from home, Bar Ronnies. About 1 am or so I thought I would waste a little money on something to eat. The only problem was that i seemed to be so drunk I had a hard time walking. So some of my good friends, I think Mike S was there, helped me to the ramen shop with the Cricket. Bar Cricket. "Bring me some Ramen!!" I said. They did. A nice steaming hot bowl of Chitoses best. As I readied my sticks and started to eat, I suddenly went to sleep. Boom!! Face plant in the Ramen. Ramen went all over hell, on the table, the floor, my hair, my shirt, maybe a 9 on the scale of 10 for food disasters. Just as quick as I went to "sleep", I was awake. I mumbled "Gomen'nasai" gave them a few 100 yen and ordered another bowl. Table is cleaned up, floor is ok and a o-shibori took care of my face. "Bring me some more Ramen!!
They did. Some one propped me up and I was good to go. Boom!!! I did it again!! this time the bowl wound up on my head, noddles streaming down face, looking like a noddle wig. I failed to see the humor in the situation but I heard it was a funny sight. Papason seemed to be in bad mood and also failed to see the levity of the event. One more time... This time I did not face plant the noddles.....I knocked the bowl off the table, shattering it in a jillion pieces. I was still hungry but they said they were closing and asked us to leave.

Ramen House is on the Left
For Nekochan(And everyone else, of course) 11j3i47
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: For Nekochan(And everyone else, of course)   For Nekochan(And everyone else, of course) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:21 am

LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Nekochan(And everyone else, of course)   For Nekochan(And everyone else, of course) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:25 am

Great stories! Crazy Gaijin...whatcha gonna do!? Just close the damn place! lol
I love the picture! There are still places/alleys in Japan that do not look much different from that.
I have to use chopsticks to eat noodles. Sometimes I'll buy those yakisoba noodles here in the supermarket. They aren't as good as real yakisoba, but they aren't bad for instant noodles at 99 cents. But they aren't very good unless I use hashi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Nekochan(And everyone else, of course)   For Nekochan(And everyone else, of course) Empty

Back to top Go down

For Nekochan(And everyone else, of course)
Page 1 of 1