Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My mama's yummy soup recipe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

My mama's yummy soup recipe Empty
PostSubject: My mama's yummy soup recipe   My mama's yummy soup recipe EmptyMon May 06, 2013 6:59 pm

MY MAMA'S YUMMY SOUP RECIPE:

Sautée the following in butter and olive oil:

- White onion/s
- Celery
- Minced garlic
- Sliced or diced carrots (as you prefer)

After they're done to your liking, add them to a fitting sized soup pot containing chicken broth and portobello mushrooms, diced into large chunks. Add the tiniest bit of nutmeg (not so can actually taste it, just so it adds to earthy flavor of the soup). Cook down / reduce.

While above is cooking-down, brown some good German sausage.

Add a little bit of pasta when you add the German sausage, cook until pasta is done,... ENJOY! (It's even better as leftovers!) Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: My mama's yummy soup recipe   My mama's yummy soup recipe EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:41 pm

riceme wrote:
MY MAMA'S YUMMY SOUP RECIPE:

Sautée the following in butter and olive oil:

- White onion/s
- Celery
- Minced garlic
- Sliced or diced carrots (as you prefer)

After they're done to your liking, add them to a fitting sized soup pot containing chicken broth and portobello mushrooms, diced into large chunks. Add the tiniest bit of nutmeg (not so can actually taste it, just so it adds to earthy flavor of the soup). Cook down / reduce.

While above is cooking-down, brown some good German sausage.

Add a little bit of pasta when you add the German sausage, cook until pasta is done,... ENJOY! (It's even better as leftovers!) Smile

So, tell me... how do you pick out your German sausage? Do you use a certain brand?

I see that there are upwards of 1200 types of German sausages. Do you cook a raw variety or is your sausage precooked and packaged?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: My mama's yummy soup recipe   My mama's yummy soup recipe EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:44 pm

I make a sausage soup, but I use Italian Sausage from a local butcher. This soup IS better as leftovers as well.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: My mama's yummy soup recipe   My mama's yummy soup recipe EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:13 pm

Eric wrote:

So, tell me... how do you pick out your German sausage? Do you use a certain brand?

I see that there are upwards of 1200 types of German sausages. Do you cook a raw variety or is your sausage precooked and packaged?

I get it raw from a tiny German market near where my Grandma on my dad's side lived in Bakersfield years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My mama's yummy soup recipe   My mama's yummy soup recipe Empty

Back to top Go down

My mama's yummy soup recipe
Page 1 of 1