Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow Empty
PostSubject: Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow   Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 am

The Santa Rosa Island Authority is talking about raising the million dollars it would need to cover the costs of the necessary practices and performance for the traditional Blue Angels show.

Frankly, I think it's a good idea to lift the costs out of the defense budget as much as possible for what I consider a low priority public relations program.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130410/BLUEANGELS/304100031/Buck-Lee-wants-to-buy-air-show

Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow   Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:07 am

Excuse me while I throw a hissy fit, SheSurfs.

That million dollars, if it is raised, would be better used by donating it to St. Joseph's free medical clinic.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow   Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:46 am

Yes, Stormy.

I cannot figure out the appeal of the one day of the year that the surrounding waters of Pensacola Beach become a giant toilet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow   Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:04 am

The air show brings a lot of money to the area that many people count on every year.
I see clinic funding vs the air show as being apples and oranges.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow   Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:19 am

I don't think a million dollars will get the Blue Angels up to speed enough to put on an air show. I don't think we know the true cost of what it takes to get the Blues flying.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow   Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 3:31 pm

I think you're right Eric. Even if it was enough money, I don't see being able to coordinate this kind of thing with the federal government.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow   Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 10:43 am

nekochan wrote:
The air show brings a lot of money to the area that many people count on every year.
I see clinic funding vs the air show as being apples and oranges.

I know. It's just that the far left side of my political personality takes over when I hear about a million dollars being collected. Very Happy It's an automatic response.

Just think what a million dollar donation could do for St. Josephs.....but I know, I'm bogarting this thread. Sorry, Surfs.....
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow   Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 10:44 am

I read somewhere today that Buck Lee received an email from the Navy that stated an air show cannot be put on by a private enterprise. So that's that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow   Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 2:27 pm

I would have been very surprised if the Navy's response was any different than that.

It's just all really unnecessary. Our elected officials need to do their jobs and come up with a budget. If they wanted to, they could come up with a balanced budget, they could cut the really stupid and unnecessary spending in the DOD and all throughout the federal government. And the Blues could still be funded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow   Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow Empty

Back to top Go down

Buck Lee Wants to Buy an Airshow
Page 1 of 1