Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago

Go down 
+3
riceme
Eric
stormwatch89
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago Empty
PostSubject: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Pet Peeves: We've all got them!

Mine was pregnant weather-women when you couldn't see the map.

As I recall: Writ Large ( Miss him!)

Was:

People who drive too slow
People who drive too fast

People who talk too loud
People who talk too softly

You get the idea...............carry on!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:41 pm

On the road, people who race around to get in front of you and then they turn right just a short distance ahead.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:17 pm

People that pass you on the interstate, then slow down. Then pass you again and slow down when you have to pass them because they slowed down.

After playing that game a couple of times, I'll pass them at 100, get a half-mile ahead, then put it back on my original cruise control setting... which I was TRYING to maintain.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:23 am

Eric wrote:
People that pass you on the interstate, then slow down. Then pass you again and slow down when you have to pass them because they slowed down.

After playing that game a couple of times, I'll pass them at 100, get a half-mile ahead, then put it back on my original cruise control setting... which I was TRYING to maintain.

You find it irritating on an interstate? At least you've got a passing lane! What about on a windy 2-lane mountain road where there's only an 1/8 of a mile stretch of dotted yellow line to pass every 5 - 10 miles and after the a-hole passed you he slows down to a crawl then doesn't follow the Common Courtesy Rules of Mountain Driving and pull off the road for you and the 10-people behind you?? ARGH!!

I know you've been there with all the driving you've done, EE.

Exclamation
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:24 am

Cindy Crawford and and beauty commercials...................
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:56 am

People that spit on sidewalks.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:56 am

Dust
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:44 am

Oh my gosh, Storm...have you ever been to China? The Chinese (even women) are constantly spitting. It is pretty disgusting, but I guess acceptable in their culture.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:48 am

I hate to sit in a booth in a restaurant and have overly active people or kids behind me in an adjacent booth. That constant bumping, shoving through my seat back drives me bonkers.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:20 pm

nekochan wrote:
Oh my gosh, Storm...have you ever been to China? The Chinese (even women) are constantly spitting. It is pretty disgusting, but I guess acceptable in their culture.

No, Neko, I haven't and not so sure I want to now!

That's gross!
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:21 pm

Eric wrote:
I hate to sit in a booth in a restaurant and have overly active people or kids behind me in an adjacent booth. That constant bumping, shoving through my seat back drives me bonkers.

Or worse, on a plane. Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:30 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:
Eric wrote:

Or worse, on a plane. Agreed.

Or in a movie theater...
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Who can afford movies, dear?

Netflix is my fix.

When it's down....peeved. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:54 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:
Who can afford movies, dear?

Netflix is my fix.

When it's down....peeved. Smile

I haven't been to one in a while either, Stormy. I have a person (who will remain unnamed) that sends me copies of movies occasionally.

We watched Men in Black 3 last night.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:05 am

Here's an odd one.

People who despise ex's. I have three and talk with them all daily. Odd?

Perhaps, but like getting rid of bad vibes. Even more weird is that I want them all to be happy!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 8:14 am

That's a cute Avatar, Stormy.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 8:47 am

Eric wrote:
That's a cute Avatar, Stormy.

I was just getting ready to post the same thing. Stormy, that's a priceless shot!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 8:53 am

One of my pet peeves is people who crunch ice. I cannot abide it. I have to leave the room (or confront the cruncher.) When I can't leave the room, I've learned to do this:

As the crunchee, I jump every time the person crunches. This action is helpful in bringing the crunching activity to the attention of the cruncher. Passive-agressive behavior, yes, but most helpful in resolving the problem.

To me, it's worse than someone scraping their finger nails on a chalkboard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:44 am

Pulling out in front of me at the speed of a solid.....especially when I look in my review and there is nary a vehicle to the horizon.

Medical commercials on television with vile side effects or discussions of painful (or not) insertion of medical devices (ewwww).

Lawyers.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:21 pm

Thanks, Eric, Pb, but it's not my dogs....stole it. Looks like my pups, but they are not.

People who take credit when it's not deserved. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:23 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
Pulling out in front of me at the speed of a solid.....especially when I look in my review and there is nary a vehicle to the horizon.

Medical commercials on television with vile side effects or discussions of painful (or not) insertion of medical devices (ewwww).

Lawyers.

LAWYERS! yup

all the freakin disclaimers...............sigh.
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:50 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:

Was:

People who talk too loud
People who talk too softly

Writ Large is probably still here with a different name.
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:52 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:
One of my pet peeves is people who crunch ice. I cannot abide it. I have to leave the room (or confront the cruncher.) When I can't leave the room, I've learned to do this:

As the crunchee, I jump every time the person crunches. This action is helpful in bringing the crunching activity to the attention of the cruncher. Passive-agressive behavior, yes, but most helpful in resolving the problem.

To me, it's worse than someone scraping their finger nails on a chalkboard.

How are you with fingernails down a blackboard?
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 12:38 pm

yelladawg wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

Was:

People who talk too loud
People who talk too softly.

Writ Large is probably still here with a different name.

I respectfully disagree, Yella. He had a sense of humor that would be easily recognized. I don't think he's here, sadly.

Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 2:17 pm

I totally miss him. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago   SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago Empty

Back to top Go down

SheSurfs brought this one back up...it was a hoopla on PNJ years ago
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next