Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gas Tax Hike Deal Sealed; Century Can’t Opt Out

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Gas Tax Hike Deal Sealed; Century Can’t Opt Out Empty
PostSubject: Gas Tax Hike Deal Sealed; Century Can’t Opt Out   Gas Tax Hike Deal Sealed; Century Can’t Opt Out EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 3:55 pm

From NorthEscambia.com http://www.northescambia.com/2013/04/gas-tax-hike-deal-sealed-century-cant-opt-out

If I owned a station in Century, I would be PISSED big-time. I have never seen an ECAT bus in Century. I just drove through there again today. They don't even run to Century, do they?

ECAT wastes so much money. Have you ever seen those buses they run out to the FloraBama... almost always empty!

Quote :
The Escambia County Commission voted Tuesday night to approve a gas tax increase interlocal agreement with the City of Pensacola, sealing the deal on a four-cent countywide tax hike for mass transit set to begin next year. And, despite the Town of Century’s refusal to along with the increase, the higher gas tax will be collected in the town for ECAT.

Century refused sign off on an interlocal agreement with Escambia County that would allocate additional gas taxes collected in Century to the county for mass transit. Town officials contended the new tax is unfair to North Escambia residents and may force the three gas stations in Century to close as drivers purchase lower priced gasoline across the state line in Flomaton.

But regardless of Century’s refusal to support the tax, they simply can’t opt-out of the tax altogether, County Attorney Alison Rogers said.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

Gas Tax Hike Deal Sealed; Century Can’t Opt Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tax Hike Deal Sealed; Century Can’t Opt Out   Gas Tax Hike Deal Sealed; Century Can’t Opt Out EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:04 pm

The highest they go up Hwy 29 is to 9-Mile Road. (and they go up into UWF... whoopdedoo)

Yeah, stations close to Santa Rosa and Escambia County, Alabama are screwed!

Gas Tax Hike Deal Sealed; Century Can’t Opt Out Ecat10

That's 32 MILES away from Century...

Gas Tax Hike Deal Sealed; Century Can’t Opt Out Centur10
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

Gas Tax Hike Deal Sealed; Century Can’t Opt Out
Page 1 of 1