Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Abandoned Dog

Go down 
+2
Eric
SheSurfs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 1:32 pm

This morning I rescued a dog on Perdido Key, next to the state park, abandoned by people who did not love her enough to spay her, give her a life, love her. As of this morning she was still waiting patiently and loyal for the subhumans who dumped herl....frightened....shivering for nights of cold we have had.

This dog is a tan and white mix, 47 pounds, about 18 mos, old, heartworm free and will be spayed early next week. She has recently had puppies but is no longer producing milk, She is very affectionate, crawling right into my lap.

I have four dogs (all formerly abandoned themselves), so I cannot possibly take one more. As soon as I get her from the vet, I will take more pictures. She was so frightened of the phone camera, that I took just the one photo but will get more later.

PLEASE if you know of anyone who is looking for a dog for LIFE let me know and please pass the word.
Abandoned Dog IMG_0904_zps1ff0621c
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 1:50 pm

Good for you, SS. I have two rescues myself and my wife would kill me if I adopted another.

Good looking dog, though.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 2:28 pm

Good luck finding her a home. She looks like a sweet dog. I don't understand why people have pets if they don't want to take care of them. Mad

Is it no longer easy to take an animal to the shelter if you cannot care for it? At least the poor animal wouldn't be left starving.

We have 3 cats, all rescue/pound kitties. One from Japan and two sisters from here in Huntsville.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:27 am

SS, what a heartbreak.

She looks SO much like my sweet Granny's old 3-legged dog Katrina, who we all loved SO much. I have often said that as much as I am more of a dog-person than I am a cat-person, I have a cat because my (work) lifestyle would not be fair to a dog. But I have to say that were I still in the area, I would very seriously consider adopting this sweetheart.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:51 pm

Ok...here she is again at the vet. Better today, on schedule to be spayed one Weds. She SMILES once she knows you and is glad to so you. This is one I would absolutely keep if I could.....

Abandoned Dog IMAG0337_zps9f07f2ee
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:49 pm

What a sweetheart. Since my work schedule has changed so dramatically and I no longer have to travel often and for extended periods of time, I'd love to take her off your hands were I still there. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:53 am

SheSurfs, I am wondering if this pup found YOU rather than the other way 'round. She looks quite comfortable in that chair - it's notable that her ears are perked up now rather than laid back and fearful. She's a beautiful girl.

I understand about the logistics of adding another pet to the family milieu. I've been through that sooo many times. Every time, I've jiggled and wiggled things around to include the new member. Or, in the case of our adoption of two needy pups two years ago, new members. Very Happy

Heck, my whole life has been built around animals. I don't live in a house; I live in a zoo. My side garden with a pond, that used to be my pride and joy, is now the private domain of one of my pitties, complete with a rather ugly pseudo-dog house and a heat lamp for cold nights.

I know. I'm a little nuts. So is my husband.

Anyhow, if you really don't think you can keep her, there is a local website on Facebook that showcases lost and found pets. Let me see if I can find it. If so, you can post her picture there. It's possible this pup may be lost rather than abandoned.

Naturally, I'm wondering what happened to her puppies. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 9:02 am

SheSurfs, here is the Facebook page I mentioned:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lost-and-Found-Pets-of-Pensacola-surrounding-areas/141980459291645

If you don't do Facebook (I rarely do!), I would be happy to post her picture for you.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:48 am

Its nice to know what great people are on this forum!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:44 am

Thanks, 3W. Yep, our members are great!

I searched all through the lost and found section on the Facebook page I mentioned, and I saw no sign of SheSurf's pup. That site does look like the current "go-to" for lost and found pets, though.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:33 am

Thank you all! PB, I have scoured the cyber-planet trying to find word that she might be lost but the fact that she wouldn't leave her post makes me pretty confident she was abandoned. I am going back to visit her today at the vet to take more pictures and make sure she is strong enough for her spaying on Weds. She will be a pampered pup at my house during her recovery as recovery is painful for the first day and a half post surgery.

All of my dogs have found, me too, PB, and your household sounds a lot like mine in which I work to sustain my dogs' lifestyle. This time I just have to find this girl a home.

I appreciate the links, PB and you all keep an ear open....just in case a dog situation comes along. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:46 am

Bob needs a dog. (He's probably fainting right now if he's reading this, lol)

But he lives alone and he could use the company. The only problem is that he travels a lot and cannot take a dog with him most of the time.

It ain't gonna happen SheSurfs, but if he would only give it a try, I think he would like the arrangement. It is a lifetime commitment.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 5:04 pm

You are 100% correct Eric. It's a lifetime commitment that can easily end up hurting the dog or person if they have to give it up..

Last edited by Jake92 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:11 am

What is the status of the dog?
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 4:00 pm

]She had kennel cough that kicked in and now that is under control, she is being spayed in the morning which I wanted done before finding her a home.. She is really a great dog, very sweet, protective and full of energy but calms down inside where I want her so she can socialize with my four other dogs and kids making her a good fit for a family (I hope).

Thanks for asking! I will keep you posted.

Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 11:00 am

SheSurfs wrote:
]She had kennel cough that kicked in and now that is under control, she is being spayed in the morning which I wanted done before finding her a home.. She is really a great dog, very sweet, protective and full of energy but calms down inside where I want her so she can socialize with my four other dogs and kids making her a good fit for a family (I hope).

Thanks for asking! I will keep you posted.

"A good fit for a family"......harrumph, cough, cough.....! Very Happy

Seriously, I hope she finds a loving forever home. That you on her behalf for all the kindness you have shown her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Abandoned Dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Dog   Abandoned Dog Empty

Back to top Go down

Abandoned Dog
Page 1 of 1