Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BobW

BobW

Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? Empty
PostSubject: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:36 pm

click on the button to enlarge the photo so you can see it better.

Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? Facebo11
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:38 pm

You're damn right it is...

Right between the lines, I see the fishing pole and line.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:39 pm

How come you have 319 Drafts?

... and I'll bet that NONE of them have a subject title either...
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:47 pm

Eric wrote:

rofl
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Only question is what good would it do anybody to have my facebook password?
Most of it is just a bunch of gossip and chatter that I don't even know how it gets on my facebook page.
If whoever is wanting to get my password wants to contribute more bullshit to my page then it's no big deal to me. I don't read none of it noways. There's some people on there carrying on conversations that I don't know from adam or eve. lol
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 pm

Damn it just hit me. I bet it's all because I talked agin Tristan de Luna. I bet those de Luna lovers are already trying to investigate me. lol
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 4:46 pm

These days, hundreds or thousands of web pages use the Facebook login as a valid entry point into their web system. Remember how PNJ had a Facebook requirement... to help verify your identity?
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 4:52 pm

Eric wrote:
These days, hundreds or thousands of web pages use the Facebook login as a valid entry point into their web system. Remember how PNJ had a Facebook requirement... to help verify your identity?

I wonder if there's any way to do away with a facebook page alltogether. I bet that Zuckerberg dude don't allow that.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 5:07 pm

BobW wrote:
Eric wrote:

I wonder if there's any way to do away with a facebook page alltogether. I bet that Zuckerberg dude don't allow that.

You think the Winklevoss Twins have Facebook pages????

Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 6:49 pm

A few days ago I received an email supposedly from Facebook telling me someone had accessed my account from devices other than those I normally use, or some such BS. The email invited me to log in via their link in order to "unlock" my Facebook account.

I had to laugh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Eric wrote:

Did you see he has 999+ Spam mails?? Dude! Delete some of that shit!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 7:12 pm

riceme wrote:
Eric wrote:

Did you see he has 999+ Spam mails?? Dude! Delete some of that shit!

... and 999+ e-mails in his Inbox, too. Damn, son! No wonder you don't see my e-mails... can't see the forest for the trees.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 7:30 pm

Oh well, shit... I can't say anything in that department. I have over 5900 emails in my inbox. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:55 am

I received another supposed Facebook email yesterday telling me my account has been locked. Then, it said all I had to do to unlock it was log in. Next, if offered a nice embedded link to the Facebook help section if I had any questions.

Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:06 pm

I received another supposed Facebook email yesterday telling me my account has been locked. Then, it said all I had to do to unlock it was log in. Next, if offered a nice embedded link to the Facebook help section if I had any questions.

I've never had emails of this nature before, so I do find it strange that they are suddenly popping up. I rarely if ever check my Facebook account, but I'll log in and see if I have a similar letter on my Facebook page.

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:49 pm

My rule is to never, never EVER click on a link like that in an e-mail. I don't care how official it looks. If I have a concern about the validity of the e-mail's claim, I will go to the company's web site and log in myself.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Absolutely, Eric. I never click on links in emails.

And things get stranger - I logged on to my Facebook account only to learn that someone has, in fact, logged on to my account from another operating system. This happened on February 27 and 28. Somebody logged in from Windows Vista, which I haven't used in years.

Bob, check yours out. You can find this info on the security settings page under "active sessions."
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 3:47 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:
Absolutely, Eric. I never click on links in emails.

And things get stranger - I logged on to my Facebook account only to learn that someone has, in fact, logged on to my account from another operating system. This happened on February 27 and 28. Somebody logged in from Windows Vista, which I haven't used in years.

Bob, check yours out. You can find this info on the security settings page under "active sessions."

PB, did you change your Facebook password? If not, you might want to seriously consider it.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 11:07 am

Oh yes, I changed it pronto. But thanks!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:24 pm

PB, I thought you had a gmail account... ?? Gmail filters all that sort of crap to my Spam folder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?   Does this look like a fake facebook email to you? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does this look like a fake facebook email to you?
Page 1 of 1