Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Happy First Day of Spring!

Go down 
+2
Joanimaroni
Eric
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Happy First Day of Spring! Empty
PostSubject: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:18 am

I just lit the wood stove. It is supposed to go to 28 here tonight. (Here is where Ricey will jump in and call me a pussy... "Only 28, huh? Balmy".

Happy First Day of Spring! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhDBt4MTzZyqTkZXrEkrqtALQgDYbweFEflaww_3xLNnvFiyet
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:34 am

It's gorgeous here.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:49 pm

It is and has been gorgeous here, Joani, right?

Eric, in your honor, my favorite springtime avatar.....it'll hit y'all yanks soon!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:01 pm

Now, you didn't shout at the puppy did you, Stormy?
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Eric wrote:
Now, you didn't shout at the puppy did you, Stormy?

Surely you jest! My dogs are spoiled beyond imagination! Did the same with my daughters....personality issue I suppose, but wouldn't do otherwise.

Happy spring, yank. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Eric wrote:
I just lit the wood stove. It is supposed to go to 28 here tonight. (Here is where Ricey will jump in and call me a pussy... "Only 28, huh? Balmy".

Dang! Is it ALREADY the first day of Spring?? GEEZ, this year is just flying by!

lol... No, I won't call you a pussy, EE. 28-deg is pretty chilly, especially considering that it's a lot more humid there than it is here. We were supposed to get another big winter storm in tonight, but I'm not sure it's going to make it. I wish it would because we badly need the precipitation. At the moment, it looks like our low tonight is going to be 32-deg, not accounting for wind chill.

Now, my cousin and his family who live up in Alaska would consider 28 to be "balmy" for sure! lol. That's t-shirt weather for them. They had a springtime outdoor wedding up there, and it was 30-degrees. She wore a spaghetti-strap wedding dress and was perfectly comfortable. Tough lady!
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:35 pm

The sun just came out in OB YES!
Back to top Go down
Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:08 pm

It cleared up in Lillian this afternoon. I just got back from two weeks in Arizona and Southern California. It gonna take me a while to get used to this weather again. But, it's good to be home.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/g4p
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:22 pm

Granny4Peace wrote:
It cleared up in Lillian this afternoon. I just got back from two weeks in Arizona and Southern California. It gonna take me a while to get used to this weather again. But, it's good to be home.

Welcome Back, Granny! We missed you.
Back to top Go down
Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:33 pm

Thanks Eric!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/g4p

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:06 pm

It's supposed to get down to 25 here in Huntsville tonight...and possibly SNOW here tomorrow. And I don't see any significant warm up in the forecast for days to come.

It was beautiful here this past Saturday, sunny and in the low 70s. My hopes were up that winter was over.

Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:52 pm

riceme wrote:
Eric wrote:

Dang! Is it ALREADY the first day of Spring?? GEEZ, this year is just flying by!

lol... No, I won't call you a pussy, EE. 28-deg is pretty chilly, especially considering that it's a lot more humid there than it is here. We were supposed to get another big winter storm in tonight, but I'm not sure it's going to make it. I wish it would because we badly need the precipitation. At the moment, it looks like our low tonight is going to be 32-deg, not accounting for wind chill.

Now, my cousin and his family who live up in Alaska would consider 28 to be "balmy" for sure! lol. That's t-shirt weather for them. They had a springtime outdoor wedding up there, and it was 30-degrees. She wore a spaghetti-strap wedding dress and was perfectly comfortable. Tough lady!

Oh darling, I chill for you!

Your comment on the Alaska wedding made me smile, though.

My Daughter's wedding in Florida had all types. The yanks came down in the spaghetti straps while we locals did the long sleeves!

It's all what you're used to, I suppose. Thanks for the giggle.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:01 pm

nekochan wrote:
It's supposed to get down to 25 here in Huntsville tonight...and possibly SNOW here tomorrow. And I don't see any significant warm up in the forecast for days to come.

It was beautiful here this past Saturday, sunny and in the low 70s. My hopes were up that winter was over.

Snow changing over to rain for Neko. No snow in Birmingham...just rain.

I hope Pensacola is good on Saturday afternoon and evening. Wanting to go to the East Hill music Festival http://www.easthillmusicfestival.com/festivalfacts.html
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Right now it is supposed to clear up Sunday pm surf is up all weekend
However the weatherman here have a terrible record the last few weeks!
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:26 pm

Tonight: North winds 15 to 18 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet subsiding to 2 to 3 feet late in the night. Small craft exercise caution.

Thursday: North winds 14 to 17 knots diminishing to 7 to 10 knots early in the afternoon...then becoming south 8 to 11 knots late in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 feet.

Thursday Night: Southeast winds 11 to 14 knots. Seas 1 to 2 feet. Chance of showers in the late evening and overnight.

Friday: Southeast winds 17 to 20 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet building to 3 to 5 feet in the afternoon. Chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Friday Night: Southeast winds 16 to 19 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Showers and thunderstorms likely.

Saturday: South winds 14 to 17 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Showers and thunderstorms likely.

Saturday Night: South winds 17 to 20 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Showers and thunderstorms likely.

Sunday: West winds 10 to 13 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Sunday Night: Northwest winds 18 to 21 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Slight chance of showers.

Monday: North winds 17 to 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet.

Monday Night: North winds 16 to 19 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:28 pm

http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-forecast/pensacola-florida

Notice sunday could get really really good surf!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:11 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:

Oh darling, I chill for you!

Your comment on the Alaska wedding made me smile, though.

My Daughter's wedding in Florida had all types. The yanks came down in the spaghetti straps while we locals did the long sleeves!

It's all what you're used to, I suppose. Thanks for the giggle.

Current forecast still says the temps are still only going to get down to 32, but there is a wind advisory in effect saying we're going to get gusts from 45 - 65 MPH and I'd estimate we've already got steady winds at about 25+ MPH. BUT, this IS "The Land of Four Seasons," as in ALL IN ONE DAY, so you just never know around here. I do wish it would snow or rain... we need the moisture badly... right now it looks like it's going to be one helluva fire season.

I saw a few of the wedding pictures your FB... You looked absolutely BEAUTIFUL, young lady!

I'm always happy to be able to provide you with a giggle or three! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy First Day of Spring!   Happy First Day of Spring! Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy First Day of Spring!
Page 1 of 1