Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim

Go down 
+2
Joanimaroni
Ghost Rider
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim Empty
PostSubject: Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim   Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:52 pm

CNN reporting the rape conviction of the 2 Steubenville Ohio football players that were convicted of raping a drunk 16 year old West Virginia girl. CNN reporter Poppy Harlow said:

"I've never experienced anything like it," CNN correspondent Poppy Harlow said live outside the juvenile court in Steubenville. "It was incredibly emotional—incredibly difficult even for an outsider like me to watch what happened as these two young men that had such promising futures, star football players, very good students, literally watched as they believe their life fell apart."

CNN should be ashamed of themselves, but I can guarantee that they aren't because it is more about sensationalism that it is about fair reporting. It surprises me that they did not release the victims name.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim   Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:00 pm

It is a sad situation all the way around.

Kids or I should say teens have to have an upbringing that teaches them about values and morals. They need this to help them make the right choices.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim   Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 3:35 pm

I agree with both of you.

I read some comments made by members of the media and was horrified. What about what those "poor young men" did to that young girl and to HER life and future?? Don't even get me started.

Joani, to your comments I think that again this goes back to our kids being overexposed to the f-ed up and backwards portrayal of women in the media today. And -- while I am in no way blaming the victim -- as much as I hate to say it, there are a lot of women in entertainment who aren't doing us a whole lot of favors. Sex sells, and apparently so does violent imagery of sex... or what I think is violent imagery, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim   Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 4:23 pm

That crying from the black defendant really made tears well up in my eyes... NOT! Those guys knew exactly what they were doing, and even commented on Facebook about it.

I'm only sorry that they are being treated as juveniles.

Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim   Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 4:49 pm

The Onion spoof from two years ago, predicted a similar situation where the perp appears to be the one victimized.

Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim   Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:39 pm

Rice I agree with you...we have really lost our moral compass. So many young teens and I suppose pre-teens think nothing of engaging in sexual activity.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim   Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:02 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
Rice I agree with you...we have really lost our moral compass. So many young teens and I suppose pre-teens think nothing of engaging in sexual activity.

Exactly. That just seems so, SO strange to me. I cannot even imagine thinking that way, particularly at such a very young age.

I just don't get it. At all.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim   Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:17 am

When was the last time an actress that wasn't selling sex was plastered all over the newspapers and magazines by the check out in the stores.. Look at the teen agers with rich parents selling themselves for publicity.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim   Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:45 am

Now 2 teenage girls have been charged with menacing for threatening the Steubenville rape victim. What is wrong with people?

After the sentencing, detectives notified the attorney general's office of the alleged social media threats, DeWine's office said. As a result, a 16-year-old girl was charged today with aggravated menacing for allegedly threatening the life of the victim via Twitter, and a 15-year-old was charged with menacing for allegedly threatening bodily harm via Facebook.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/teen-girls-charged-allegedly-threatening-steubenville-ohio-rape-031007320--abc-news-topstories.html
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim   Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:47 pm

And this ANIMAL get 3 life terms without possibility of parole...

Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim Lane10
Not too damn smart either:
Quote :
When Lane was given the opportunity to make a statement to the court, he gave a short, crude statement that ended with "f*** all of you" before sticking up his middle finger in the courtroom filled with the loved ones of the three students he gunned down.

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-school-shooter-tj-lane-152105500.html

Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim   Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:37 pm

And he wore a T-shirt with the word Killer hand written on it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim   Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:04 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
And he wore a T-shirt with the word Killer hand written on it.

I do not like to sit back and armchair analyze people, but after what this guy did in court he is the epitome of a true psychopath.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim   Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:29 am

Absolutely!
Back to top Go down
Newshound

Newshound

PostSubject: Re: Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim   Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:04 am

That's exactly a huge problem with the media...sympathy for the guilty?...Where has this been accepted as journalism?...If this had been one of their family members wonder if there would be the same level of sympathy/coverage towards the freakin criminals!...These animals should never see freedom again but it's too bad that our taxes will pay for them...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim   Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim Empty

Back to top Go down

Simpathy for Perps? What about the Victim
Page 1 of 1