Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Terrible wreck in Birmingham

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PkrBum

PkrBum

Terrible wreck in Birmingham Empty
PostSubject: Terrible wreck in Birmingham   Terrible wreck in Birmingham EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:01 pm

I was on 65S an hour ago 6 pm and in the northbound lane was about the worst wreck I've ever seen. A corvette was totally burned out... A car up side down against the embankment at mile marker 254. Numerous cars involved... didn't look good.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Terrible wreck in Birmingham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrible wreck in Birmingham   Terrible wreck in Birmingham EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:17 pm

That's near the inner city. Traffic is horrendous an hour or so earlier, but I'll bet it was backed up something fierce! And I'll bet there is a huge "rubbernecker" backup on the other side of I-65 too.

There is a mountain South of Birmingham called Shades Mountain. Every morning when I used to drive into Birmingham, traffic would stop about halfway up the mountain. Predictably, after a couple of seconds, traffic would flow again, pick up speed gradually... and there would be NO accident, stalled car... whatever.

It was simply one car tapping it's brakes, the car behind tapping it's brakes an infinitesimal bit more to keep from hitting the first car, the next car to the rear a little more, ad infinitum until the damn traffic on the interstate comes to a dadgum STOP a mile or so back. It is the craziest thing I have ever seen in traffic.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

Terrible wreck in Birmingham
Page 1 of 1