Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? Empty
PostSubject: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:53 pm

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130311/NEWS11/130311010/Navarre-man-killed-in-standoff-claimed-to-be-sovereign-citizen-?nclick_check=1

I dealt with one when I was at the FDEP. He sent thick legalistic replies to my letters and referenced (among other things) the Dread Scott decision granting automatic citizenship to blacks only... and "don't even think you have any jurisdiction over me whatsoever".

Wackos!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:42 pm

I have known many in one of my past lives up in Humboldt. While I hate my government, I love my country with all of my heart... and I can see *to a point* some of their arguments, but Jeminy Christmas man! Pepper some common sense in there while you're at it, wouldja??

scratch

We need a little emoticon of someone making the coo-coo sign.

Anyone stupid enough to point a firearm at a SWAT team deserves to get mowed down in a hellfire rain of bullets, in my opinion. What a dumbass.
Back to top Go down
Newshound

Newshound

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:23 am

If anyone ever encounters...be careful they are dangerous!...For the most part they accept local and state law enforcement officers but any federal officer/employee is not tolerated in their eyes...WACKOs is too nice for them....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:56 am

Newshound wrote:
If anyone ever encounters...be careful they are dangerous!...For the most part they accept local and state law enforcement officers but any federal officer/employee is not tolerated in their eyes...WACKOs is too nice for them....

The ones I knew did not accept local or state law enforcement either. But feds were like the scum of the earth to them and they would happily die rather than accept their authority. Very exclusionary and seemed to hate anyone who did not follow their belief system. Very strange.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:08 am

When we visited our "client", we had a county deputy go with us. The deputy (nicknamed Chopper) was as wide as he was tall and there wasn't an ounce of fat on his body.

You kept watching out for little red dots... scary...

This guy did everything with cash... or barter.

The feds picked him up one time... must have been 50 of 'em that swarmed on this guy (in Walton County). They took him to Colorado (or a state nearby, I forget), but they kept him for several weeks, then let him go out there, almost naked and no money or ID.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 4:42 pm

A PNJ unofficial vote...

Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? Vote10
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:49 am

No different of like be a citizen of Vatican City if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:11 pm

The paper this morning said that the guy pulled something out that looked like gun which is when they started shooting.Was it a gun or did they make a mistake?
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:29 pm

Article I read said that he aimed a firearm at the SWAT team, which would count him as one of the most remarkable stupid people in all of Florida in my book.
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:24 pm

riceme wrote:
Article I read said that he aimed a firearm at the SWAT team, which would count him as one of the most remarkable stupid people in all of Florida in my book.

Well, cops take a dim view of people waving firearms and when they start pointing them at the cops their response is in deadly earnest which it should be.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:32 pm

yelladawg wrote:
riceme wrote:

Well, cops take a dim view of people waving firearms and when they start pointing them at the cops their response is in deadly earnest which it should be.

Agreed, yeller. And as I mentioned above, anyone stupid enough to aim a firearm at a SWAT team deserves to be mowed down in a hail of brass, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Newshound

Newshound

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:22 pm

riceme wrote:
Newshound wrote:

The ones I knew did not accept local or state law enforcement either. But feds were like the scum of the earth to them and they would happily die rather than accept their authority. Very exclusionary and seemed to hate anyone who did not follow their belief system. Very strange.

Accept may have been wrong in general terms...but they are more tolerant based on the belief that the citizens of that city..county...state elected the officials and these people simply do not believe in a federal government in any way shape or form...they feel the federal government has no jurisdiction over them and do not accept or recognize any federal laws or institutions...
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Yup... I'll agree with that, nh. Respectfully, we both used incorrect terminology in retrospect.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm

I was a State employee and I got the cold shoulder treatment from one of them. From my experience, they don't want to accept being regulated by anybody... Fed, State, or local.
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:57 pm

"mowed down in a hail of brass" LOL

Mickey riceme Spillaner returns from the Other Side
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:14 pm

yelladawg wrote:
"mowed down in a hail of brass" LOL

Mickey riceme Spillaner returns from the Other Side

lol... Nice reference, Yeller. Love it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?   Y'all know any Soverign Citizens? Empty

Back to top Go down

Y'all know any Soverign Citizens?
Page 1 of 1