Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rave theatre security rant

Go down 
+9
Joanimaroni
Newshound
Ghost Rider
BobW
riceme
Surfnrg
Colaguy
Eric
Gunz
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jake92

Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:27 am

Basing your opinions of ALL police on a few is like thinking that every blue eyed blond female is an airhead, that every black person is a criminal drug user, or every white person is racist......

Respect is for the UNIFORM, not the man and should be given to every one of them until they prove they do not deserve it.

YOUR opinion is proof of nothing.......
Back to top Go down
Newshound

Newshound

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:42 am

Jake92 wrote:
Basing your opinions of ALL police on a few is like thinking that every blue eyed blond female is an airhead, that every black person is a criminal drug user, or every white person is racist......

Respect is for the UNIFORM, not the man and should be given to every one of them until they prove they do not deserve it.

That was the point....."all" is a foolish assumption....Made no insinuations about any individual just a statement that complaints against officers are many (not all) based on that they did their jobs
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:49 am

Many people lost respect due to others actions. ex: Just because I respect someones position of authority, does not mean I have to respect his hooker wife.. Just because somebody said she's a hookler, I'll give her respect until SHE proves she doesn't deserve it..
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:56 am

Newshound wrote:
Jake92 wrote:

That was the point....."all" is a foolish assumption....Made no insinuations about any individual just a statement that complaints against officers are many (not all) based on that they did their jobs

I have to agree with your comments regarding "all" not fair to judge all members as one. You will always find bad apples in every profession.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Right Joni. I was brought up to respect everybody until they proved they did NOT deserve it, not to disrespect everybody until they earned it.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:05 pm

The first two of three times in my life I have ever had to call the sheriff's deputies were when I lived in the area. First encounter was w/ESCO involving theft out of my pickup (broken into on the West side... yeah, imagine that, huh?) and I was treated like a criminal and a jerk to boot, even though all the while I continued to treat this officer with the utmost respect, which he absolutely did not deserve (it's a long story which I started to get into, but it pissed me off so much I started writing War & Peace and had to delete). :-E

Second time was w/SRSO after I was assaulted and punched in the face. Again, I was treated like I was a criminal... like I had assaulted someone. AGAIN, I treated the officers who responded with the utmost respect -- which AGAIN -- they did not deserve. I'd never been so goddamn angry in my life. I went out there to their crappy office in East Milton and pulled the deputies' reports. Deputy who took my report failed to document in ANY way the bruises on my wrists, biceps, eye, broken glasses, etc. Asshole.

Third and hopefully final official encounter with LEO (knock on wood!) was when I was in Kansas after that creep broke into my home and attacked me. I have rarely ever been treated so well and so kindly in all of my life. True professionals who very obviously cared about me, my safety and that of the other women in my neighborhood. "My" detective and the officer to whom he reported -- unbeknownst to me until fairly recently -- stayed in contact with my dad on the case, keeping him abreast of all information and developments. They went above and beyond... even if they never caught the creep. I should have shot him when I had him in my sights, which is actually what they told me.

Anyhow, that's my shabby story... I've got little use for ESCO or SRSO, not only from my limited contact with them, but from the horror stories I've heard from friends and colleagues. I suspect that in both cases, the problem starts at the top... but who knows. ??
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:15 pm

Newshound wrote:
whowherewhy wrote:
Newshound wrote:
whowherewhy wrote:
ECSD has had huge problems for years.
Lost all respect years ago....

There is a difference between the upper management and the men and women that serve this community.

I am referring to ALL OF THEM.

This is from my personal experience in every dealing i have had with them
ECSD that is.

Including their so called officers.

Sometimes when officers do their jobs those that are in the wrong are seldom appreciative of their actions...
l

In that context it certainly was an insinuation..man up to what u write!

I have lived in ob, the city of pcola, gville, texas, tenn and never ever had a problem with any law enforcement.

I am a native of pcola and EVERY SINGLE encounter with ESCO has been bad. In all but one instance i called them. I have said my peace, if you have lived here long enough you KNOW their history. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:19 pm

^^Addition to above: I'm grateful that -- while I did bring a loaded, "hot" .40 to the door when the Kansas city PD responded, that had nothing to do w/my prior bad experiences... I was just freaked out -- I did not allow my negative experiences in Florida to sour my outlook on all of LEO. When the first officers arrived on-scene, after the 911 operator confirmed to me that it was them outside my door and not my attacker, I unloaded the weapon, laid it down on the table, opened the door, and treated them with respect... referring to them as "sir," etc., as I was raised to do. Had I been a jerk to them,... I'd expect for them to have treated me like a jerk as well. You get what you give.
Back to top Go down
Gunz

Gunz

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:43 pm

BobW wrote:
The last post on that thread...

"This is a forum for the dysfunctional non hackers to vent and rage about how bad their jobs are and how much their department sucks. You just have to look and read the other threads to see what a bunch of low lifes that you are dealing with. One thread about some married deputy knocking up a female rookie, facebook patrol, another griping at the low clearance rates....you get my drift. These are the ones that graduated Summa Cum Stupid from GeorgeStone cop school but they still wanna gripe about low pay and 80 hrs of leave buyback. In short, this is "One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest" ECSO style."

LOL, that was me using a sock...sue me. But seriously, I understand enforcing rules, I have rules here at work. The problem is when you have someone in a position of power over you who cannot use a wee bit of common sense in his enforcement of rules. For example, the rave (carmike) has a rule against loitering. OK , Are you loitering if you have 40 freakin bucks worth of tickets in your hand and youre waiting for your daughter? Another question. Say that was an 80 y/o woman on a walker out there, would he have made her move after five minutes into the parking lot? After all, its the "rule". See where I'm going? They need to employ rent a cops that can differentiate between a teenager that has no ticket and is simply farting around and regular customers that may be temporarily waiting on someone.

Back to top Go down
Gunz

Gunz

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Woo hoo! just got an appointment with internal affairs
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:50 pm

T-REX wrote:

LOL, that was me using a sock...sue me. But seriously, I understand enforcing rules, I have rules here at work. The problem is when you have someone in a position of power over you who cannot use a wee bit of common sense in his enforcement of rules. For example, the rave (carmike) has a rule against loitering. OK , Are you loitering if you have 40 freakin bucks worth of tickets in your hand and youre waiting for your daughter? Another question. Say that was an 80 y/o woman on a walker out there, would he have made her move after five minutes into the parking lot? After all, its the "rule". See where I'm going? They need to employ rent a cops that can differentiate between a teenager that has no ticket and is simply farting around and regular customers that may be temporarily waiting on someone.

I'd actually wondered if that was you, Papa T. Good posts, sweetheart.... your sock post to LEOAffairs & above!

cheers bom
Back to top Go down
Newshound

Newshound

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:58 pm

T-REX wrote:

And you have a legitimate complaint based on your post and are handling it in an appropriate manner. If this officer or any officer is or acted outside of their scope of training and/or ordinances...laws etc., then by all means they are not above the law. As has been pointed out there are some bad in every profession it does however not mean that "all" should be lumped together as the same. The officer also has or should have the knowledge that they posses the abilty to display discretion...common sense into the matters they are taking care of at the time. Discretion in a matter such as this is far easier to explain over treating a law abiding citizen in a manner that they do not deserve. Hopefully this will be resolved in a manner that corrects the mistakes...errors....miscommunication involved. You are correct in and about the definition of loitering--your wife was a paying customer in possesion of tickets and certainly had a reason, purpose to be in the area that she was and explaining this should have been sufficient to settle the situation without this rising to the level of an official complaint.
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:11 pm

I never go to the Rave Theatre without my Ar-15 concealed under my black raincoat.
One never know what evil lurks.
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:22 pm

We went there ONCE when I lived in the area... Can no longer recall what we saw, but it was super-sketchy even WITH their BS "security" and never went back. This must have been around 2006 - 2007.

It was dark (extremely poorly lit parking lot) and there were so many sketchy-looking gang-banger types lurking about that my husband didn't even want me walking into the dark parking lot WITH HIM. He had me stand by the "security guard" while he literally sprinted out to the Back 40 where we'd had to park to get the truck. In retrospect and in light of T-R's recent experience, I count myself lucky that I didn't get booted out into the dark w/the gang bangers.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:22 pm

It was at the W Street Rave where the riot started which ended up across the street at Burger King. That's when one gangbanger gunned down another one in the parking lot.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:27 pm

T-REX wrote:

Keep us posted. I saw you got a reply at LEO affairs. Thanks from all of us.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:35 pm

BobW wrote:
It was at the W Street Rave where the riot started which ended up across the street at Burger King. That's when one gangbanger gunned down another one in the parking lot.

I'm not much of a movie-goer. Is that the theater where "W" intersects Hwy 29? The last time I went to the movies was for the 3-D Avatar. We got inside and realized that this damn theater wasn't showing it in 3-D. (They had one 3-D screen, but it had inconvenient showing times)

So we got a refund and went over to the theater off Beverly Parkway/Brent lane/Bayou (whatever it is called there West of 9th) and walked in with drinks and popcorn that we bought from the other Rave and watched Avatar in 3-D. They didn't say a damn thing about the drinks and popcorn, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Here is my question:

Why do we continue to blur the line of law enforcement by having off duty officers in county vehicles doing the work that private security officers doing? I have wondered the same about the legality and conflict of duty of ESCO officers working the state line at the Floribama. Are they working for the citizens? The sheriff? The bar owner? The county? They cannot be doing all at once. I also question how safe it is for these officers to be working full time jobs and then moonlighting on the side (one reason pay needs to be higher).

The guy you dealt with operates on a very low level of functioning. He does what he is told and cannot think outside the box, even when dealing with the safety of a woman and child. In a careers in which cool and quick thinking is paramount, this guy is dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 6:29 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
Here is my question:

Why do we continue to blur the line of law enforcement by having off duty officers in county vehicles doing the work that private security officers doing? I have wondered the same about the legality and conflict of duty of ESCO officers working the state line at the Floribama. Are they working for the citizens? The sheriff? The bar owner? The county? They cannot be doing all at once. I also question how safe it is for these officers to be working full time jobs and then moonlighting on the side (one reason pay needs to be higher).

The guy you dealt with operates on a very low level of functioning. He does what he is told and cannot think outside the box, even when dealing with the safety of a woman and child. In a careers in which cool and quick thinking is paramount, this guy is dangerous.

But the real question here is what about those monkeys?

I didn't like them the first time, monkeys are bad enough all dressed up
Like clowns and all but then they fly too?

These look real serious rex, were they REAL bad?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:14 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
Here is my question:

The establishment that hires off duty deputies pay the sheriffs department for that service. The amount they pay takes into consideration the hourly pay the officer receives and as well as wear and tear on the vehicle. As for an off duty LEO working the Florabama, there is a reciprocity agree between law enforcement departments in Florida and Alabama. Though he was not working extra duty, an Alabama policeman shot and killed a guy in Warrington a few years back. The shooting was justified. The victim pulled a knife on him and he identified himself as a LEO.

When the ECSO and SRCSO departments start paying their deputies a decent salary then maybe they would not have to work extra jobs to support their families, but don't get me started on that issue, that is a whole different ball game.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:54 pm

GR, that confirms the agreement which is an exceptionally bad one. I don't understand why ONE particular bar has LEOs out there blinding drivers and at the same time turning a blind eye as drunk patron after drunk patron get into a their loaded gun in the form of a truck or SUV, and then drives Russian Roulette style into the night. It is clear that whoever writes the checks makes the rules for the night.

What it says to me as a citizen is that the LEOs are not just protecting people crossing PK Blvd, but sending a message to those of us on the road that that they are enforcing DUI laws.....which they are absolutely not doing.

I have no problem with security what I have a problem with is ESCO acting like LEOs when they are actually off the clock. Are they security guards? Are they LEOs? Which is it? I hope it doesn't take killing a family of tourists in a minivan to sort it all out. Whichever it is, it creates a perception of favoritism and crossing lines that adds to ESCOs already massive PR problem.

And as for those monkeys...oooo skeery enough in the first one. I don't wanna know about these here ones.

Last edited by SheSurfs on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Newshound

Newshound

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:53 am

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
SheSurfs wrote:
Here is my question:

The establishment that hires off duty deputies pay the sheriffs department for that service. The amount they pay takes into consideration the hourly pay the officer receives and as well as wear and tear on the vehicle. As for an off duty LEO working the Florabama, there is a reciprocity agree between law enforcement departments in Florida and Alabama. Though he was not working extra duty, an Alabama policeman shot and killed a guy in Warrington a few years back. The shooting was justified. The victim pulled a knife on him and he identified himself as a LEO.

When the ECSO and SRCSO departments start paying their deputies a decent salary then maybe they would not have to work extra jobs to support their families, but don't get me started on that issue, that is a whole different ball game.

Law Enforcement having to work extra duty to make ends meet is a very telling story on how the County Commissioners prioritize the needs of the community and their arrogance to working professionals being underpaid and underappreciated
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:30 am

Who gets the most publicity, the ones getting stopped for DUIs or the tourists buying the drinks in the bars??? If the cops stopped everybody leaving the bars for DUI checks, the bar owners will stop paying off the politicians..

Last edited by Jake92 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:05 am

Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 Image_zpsa655c882

Old skool monkey clowns and toto
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rave theatre security rant
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2