Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rave theatre security rant

Go down 
+9
Joanimaroni
Newshound
Ghost Rider
BobW
riceme
Surfnrg
Colaguy
Eric
Gunz
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gunz

Gunz

Rave theatre security rant Empty
PostSubject: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:06 pm

After saturdays long day for sweetie and me we decided to take the wee one and go watch "Oz". We got down there and got our tickets but the youngest hadnt made it yet so my wife asked if I would go up and get us some seats while she waited out front. Now here's where it gets good. As she is standing there with tickets in hand, an Escambia deputy working his side job gig as security advises her that she has been standing there longer than 5 minutes and will have to either go inside or go to the dimly lit parking lot to wait. Even after she explained her situation to this guy he still said no and that she would have to leave. I have an email to david morgan, ceo of carmike (they bought rave theatres) and the management at the rave on w street. I am determined to get this idiot off of the rotation list for security there.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Some people just don't have walkin' around sense... and should NEVER be put into the position of authority.

Common sense is so important in everything we do.

I remember interviewing for a job one time and was asked what was the first thing I would do if an employee refused to obey an order. I answered that I would review my order to see if it was reasonable, before taking any other action. The interviewers said that they had never heard that answer and liked the answer...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Colaguy

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:26 pm

I am not condoning the actions of this security individual. But, I do remember when the Bayou Rave location opened that there was discussion in the paper about "new rules" for the Bayou Blvd location vs. the Rave on W St. They included: "no unaccompanied minor at showings after the matinee period". Seems there has been a loitering problem with kids at the W St location, which led to security issues.

I have a feeling that your wife was the victim of an overzealous rent-a-cop.
Back to top Go down
Gunz

Gunz

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Colaguy wrote:
I am not condoning the actions of this security individual. But, I do remember when the Bayou Rave location opened that there was discussion in the paper about "new rules" for the Bayou Blvd location vs. the Rave on W St. They included: "no unaccompanied minor at showings after the matinee period". Seems there has been a loitering problem with kids at the W St location, which led to security issues.

I'm sure that the loitering by teenagers rule was at play here but, just as eric said, a little common sense would have made a big difference in this situation. My wife is 43 years old and does not vaguely resemble a teenager. She had paid tickets in her hand and was stil sent to an unsafe area by this jerk. I'm gonna get to the bottom of it even if it takes me a few weeks to do it.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 4:10 pm

That's completely unacceptable, and yes you should!
Back to top Go down
Gunz

Gunz

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:06 pm

whowherewhy wrote:
That's completely unacceptable, and yes you should!

Thanks, I posted this incident on LEO Affairs .com and so far have been blown out of the water by arrogant rude responses.....pretty much what I expected. BTW
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:10 pm

That's shameful behavior on the part of the "security" guard. Apparently this idiot is fortunate enough to never have had his wife or daughters attacked or worse... yet. It will be a painful lesson for him when it does happen, as statistics tell us it will.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:10 pm

Oh, and you go get 'em, T-Rex!!
Back to top Go down
Gunz

Gunz

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:13 pm

riceme wrote:
Oh, and you go get 'em, T-Rex!!

Thanks Rice, and I fully intend to. I have a few other tricks up my sleeve still. lol
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:44 pm

T-REX wrote:

I posted this incident on LEO Affairs .com and so far have been blown out of the water by arrogant rude responses.....pretty much what I expected. BTW

Link us to the thread so we can read it, T-REX.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:29 pm

I'd like to read it as well if you don't mind posting the link for us T-R. I've read some things @LEOAffairs in years past... can't remember for what purpose, but it was related to Pensacola in some manner... haven't been there is quite a while.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:34 pm

riceme wrote:
I'd like to read it as well if you don't mind posting the link for us T-R. I've read some things @LEOAffairs in years past... can't remember for what purpose, but it was related to Pensacola in some manner... haven't been there is quite a while.

I'm not T-Rex but here ya go Rice.

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=147456&sid=9e51493f227868a76229920131f4b3b4
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Ok this is the county. I am sorry to say i have had three thank god only three encounters with them. Every single time was terrible.

I called ESCO once because of a stalker circling the block while i was having a party an ex girlfriend of one of my friends there. She stopped and grabbed a hose and sprayed it over my fence. Then she continued to circle the block. When the first "officer" arrived he quipped you live on the west side what do you expect?

They ARE THAT BAD. However in contrast i have never had a bad experience with the PPD or after reading your dept either although the new fire marhall and i disagreed on an interpretation one time lol.....
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:46 pm

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
riceme wrote:

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=147456&sid=9e51493f227868a76229920131f4b3b4

Wow that one cop talks like some of the people on the cesspool forum.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
riceme wrote:

Thank you, sir.

WOW.

Bob's right... looks like a bunch of Cesspool Forum Brethren posting over there! Unbelievable.

T-Rex, you likely recall that my dad retired after 37-yrs at our county fire dept as a Captain. He had to have his arm twisted to move up to Captain because he truly liked being a "feet on the ground" (and on the pedals, as he was Capt of the county's heavy equipment station) guy. He was pressured to move up to Battalion Chief many times but refused... didn't like the amount of paperwork he had to do as a Capt as it was, as it took him away from the things he loved doing the most. To hell with that jerk who dissed you for being an Lt on that forum. I get it.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:36 am

The last post on that thread...

"This is a forum for the dysfunctional non hackers to vent and rage about how bad their jobs are and how much their department sucks. You just have to look and read the other threads to see what a bunch of low lifes that you are dealing with. One thread about some married deputy knocking up a female rookie, facebook patrol, another griping at the low clearance rates....you get my drift. These are the ones that graduated Summa Cum Stupid from GeorgeStone cop school but they still wanna gripe about low pay and 80 hrs of leave buyback. In short, this is "One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest" ECSO style."
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:42 am

One of the moderators of that police forum has this as his signature.

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
lawyers, judges and politicians... It creates a hostile work environment.

lol!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:13 am

BobW wrote:
One of the moderators of that police forum has this as his signature.

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
lawyers, judges and politicians... It creates a hostile work environment.

lol!

That is AWESOME. cheers

Why the hell did I not think of that?? scratch
Back to top Go down
Newshound

Newshound

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 7:19 am

T-REX wrote:
Colaguy wrote:

I'm sure that the loitering by teenagers rule was at play here but, just as eric said, a little common sense would have made a big difference in this situation. My wife is 43 years old and does not vaguely resemble a teenager. She had paid tickets in her hand and was stil sent to an unsafe area by this jerk. I'm gonna get to the bottom of it even if it takes me a few weeks to do it.

The Rave sets the rules for patrons not the officers working there. Not just loitering problem at this location but thug activity and in a sense those that act like thugs have affected the way responsible adults can conduct their business...Just another reason why not to go to this theater. The website that you used (mentioned) is a complete joke and is run/monitored by an employee of the Sheriff's Office.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:23 am

ECSD has had huge problems for years.
Lost all respect years ago....
Back to top Go down
Newshound

Newshound

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:49 am

whowherewhy wrote:

There is a difference between the upper management and the men and women that serve this community.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:52 am

How sad that so many lack common sense.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:39 am

Newshound wrote:
whowherewhy wrote:

There is a difference between the upper management and the men and women that serve this community.

I am referring to ALL OF THEM.

This is from my personal experience in every dealing i have had with them
ECSD that is.

Including their so called officers.
Back to top Go down
Newshound

Newshound

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:43 am

whowherewhy wrote:
Newshound wrote:
whowherewhy wrote:

I am referring to ALL OF THEM.

This is from my personal experience in every dealing i have had with them
ECSD that is.

Including their so called officers.

Sometimes when officers do their jobs those that are in the wrong are seldom appreciative of their actions...
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:54 am

Hahahahah sometimes they lost respect by their own actions.

I have never been arrested or charged with a crime.

Everyone earns respect.....until they earn it i don't have to
Give it except to obey the law.

Keep throwing your insinuations around it becomes your avatar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rave theatre security rant   Rave theatre security rant Empty

Back to top Go down

Rave theatre security rant
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next