Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes Empty
PostSubject: Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes   Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:32 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/tsa-allow-pocket-knives-planes-201605201--abc-news-politics.html

knives up to 6 cm, ski poles, a couple of golf clubs will be allowed.

How long is 6cm in inches?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes   Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:34 pm

2.54 CM = 1"
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes   Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:24 pm

So, a 2" blade is okay. Not very long.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes   Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:26 pm

Eric wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/tsa-allow-pocket-knives-planes-201605201--abc-news-politics.html

knives up to 6 cm, ski poles, a couple of golf clubs will be allowed.

How long is 6cm in inches?

It's just under 2-1/2 inches... An inch is approximately 2.5cm. It's a step in the right direction but the smallest pocket knife I have -- the one I clip to my pocket for everyday carry -- is 4".

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes   Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:33 pm

Oh, and I stopped leaving my knives packed in my checked luggage when a very expensive Japanese knife (over $250, and you can no longer buy them) "disappeared" out of my checked luggage on a flight (it was even hidden under a secret panel on the bottom of the suitcase, away from everything else). It was in there with a bunch of other tools I needed for a job I was flying to, but after that I "FedEx Next Day Air-ed" everything, as did all the rest of the guys I worked with.

F*ing pissed me off. And I never told my parents... They would have been heartbroken. It was a very special gift, and my favorite knife.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes   Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 7:02 am

Girl or boy inches??

Hmmmm centimeters are interesting blondes could never do the conversion Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes   Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:02 am

The Japanese know how to make knives. I'm sorry it was stolen, riceme. Bastard thieves!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes   Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:26 pm

Some lawmakers and airlines are telling the TSA to keep knives off airlines. "Change it back" they say.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes   Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:58 pm

nekochan wrote:
The Japanese know how to make knives. I'm sorry it was stolen, riceme. Bastard thieves!

Thank you, Neko. Yes they do! I still have the box in one of my drawers... I always forget the name of the maker (I've blocked it out of my mind I guess), but it was a very fine tool and truly beautiful, and it just broke my heart when I finally figured out that it had been stolen. You could put an edge on that blade that could split hairs. It didn't happen too long after 9/11, so we did not yet know that TSA was staffed with a bunch of lowlife, scumbag thieves.

I priced it once to try to replace it -- like I said, they no longer make them -- and the lowest price I could find was about $1500. I hope whoever stole it at least knows what they have and didn't use that blade as a pry tool or something awful like that. pale
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes   Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Eric wrote:
Some lawmakers and airlines are telling the TSA to keep knives off airlines. "Change it back" they say.

I keep reading the same thing. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes   Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes Empty

Back to top Go down

Small Pocket Knives to be Allowed on Planes
Page 1 of 1