Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ButtBob

If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website? Empty
PostSubject: If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website?   If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:58 am

Go here...

http://www.subscription.com/pensacola-news-journal/?path=sus-b5q-gls-100a1a

It's a little weird. That page quotes the 7 day delivery price at $8.65. But if you click on the "subscribe now" on the 7-day delivery offering it takes you to another page which prices it at $12.
Either way, it's a better deal than going directly to the PNJ which is only offering us Fri-Sat print editions for $12.
The question is, does the offer from this outfit include the digital access?

Back to top Go down
ButtBob

If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website? Empty
PostSubject: Re: If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website?   If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:16 am

Okay here's another thought. Let's say this thing DOES NOT give us digital access too.
So now we have a new question for those who were already print subscribers before the paywall went up.
If you were already a subscriber, do you have to pay extra to get the digital access?
Because if you do not, then we could use this cheapo deal to become print subscribers. And once that subscription is in place, we could then ask to have the digital access added at no extra cost.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website?   If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:58 am

Good Questions. Like everything else with the PNJ they do not seem to have any answers about anything. I think they are really disorganized. My Ego says I will have join if there is any place to post, but they do not really have any news.
Back to top Go down
ButtBob

PostSubject: Re: If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website?   If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:17 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Good Questions. Like everything else with the PNJ they do not seem to have any answers about anything. I think they are really disorganized. My Ego says I will have join if there is any place to post, but they do not really have any news.

Take a look at this...

If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website? Deal11

If you look at the box on the right it plainly states that print subscribers get full access.

So I went ahead and subscribed with the discount website. And once my subscription email is known to the PNJ I'll use that to get digital acess.

Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website?   If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:23 am

Looks Good. What could go wrong dealing with the PNJ? LOL Please keep us updated on your progress.
Back to top Go down
ButtBob

PostSubject: Re: If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website?   If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:43 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Looks Good. What could go wrong dealing with the PNJ? LOL Please keep us updated on your progress.

Well it's really weird what happened, hallmark. I'll try to step you through it.

1. I tried to complete the subscription process using the link in my first post. When I did that it gave me an error and wouldn't complete.

2. So I googled and found this website...
http://www.discountednewspapers.com/Pensacola-News-Journal/
That one worked fine and my subscription went through and I got an email confirmation of the subscription which said it would "start in 3 to 5 days".

3. Then I went to the newsjournal page for current subscribers to add digital access just to see what would happen. I plugged in my email and nothing happened. So I figured that means I'll have to wait until the PNJ is notified of my subscription.

4. But then I went to the PNJ forum and saw your latest post. When I hit the reply button it had assigned me a new username (Robert.Wood7) and it let me post. I was surprised by this because earlier I had tried to post and it said I needed to be subscribed.

5. So I guess I'm now subscribed and I can now post. But I still don't really understand how it happened that quickly when it wouldn't let me complete the subscription process with the "current subscribers" link. And I don't know how I got that username when I never chose it.

lol
Back to top Go down
ButtBob

PostSubject: Re: If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website?   If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:45 am

But if this works I get the print paper for all 7 days including full digital access for about 3 bucks per week. So I guess it's all good. lol

p.s. but it may not be a good idea to tell about this discount deal on the PNJ forum. They may not want that being broadcast and that may give them another reason to want to dump the forum. lol
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website?   If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:00 am

But it is strange that I seem to be the only Non subscriber that can post.,,,,,Soon I guess the truth will come out. Seatoats was right, I really work for Studer and my negative posts have greased the path for his success.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website?   If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Well I am Toast...................We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access.

Become a subscriber today to enjoy these benefits:
Unlimited access to our Web site
iPad-optimized edition
Mobile site & iPhone app
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website?   If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website? Empty

Back to top Go down

If we use this to get 7-day PNJ delivery for $8.65 will it also give us access to the website?
Page 1 of 1