Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida Empty
PostSubject: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:43 pm

http://www.floridamemory.com/solr-search/results/?q=%28pensacola%20OR%20tt%3Apensacola%5E10%29&query=pensacola
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:49 pm

The photos of Pensacola High School remind me of my mom, who went to PHS there by Lee Square. Her memory had deteriorated pretty badly. I was talking to her about PHS burning and she said she had gone by there "just two weeks ago" and it was still there. I told her that it had burned 30 years ago and she didn't believe me.

When I drove her by it, she wondered if I was at the right spot, then admitted that it was gone... and had been for a long time.

We would take her to a restaurant that she had been to dozens of times and she would look around and say that it was a nice place... like she had never been there before. When the waiters would greet her as "Mimi", she was flabbergasted. I just told her that she was famous "World Wide" and that everybody knew her.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:10 am

Enjoyed the photo's.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:58 am

My dad graduated from PHS in 1949.

No secret i graduated from PHS in 1969'

Its amazing that we have so many true local pensacolians
On this forum.

Believe it or not my dad and i had the same teacher for one class

Anyone know who that was? When she called roll the first day she said

"Oh you're Bobby's son....." Lol

Hint she always wore white socks.....
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 am

Ms Harper? English teacher?
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:03 am

I'll tell Katie Monroe. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:06 am

Here is a blog i found interesting.

http://phs1960.com/3/myblog.htm

For all her warts i do love my hometown and alma mater
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:08 am

I got expelled in my senior year. Had a hell of a battle with the English teach. 10 years later my brother had the same teacher. She asked him if he was my brother. she said she could not teach him and had him transferred to another class. LOL I had to go to summer school and it was the best thing that ever happened. Had a GREAT teacher in summer school and she made encouraged me to continue my education. Ying and Yang.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:11 am

LOL I was in the class of 1960
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:13 am

Yep our principal was Shorty Ward

He had a paddle with air holes cut into it to lesson air resistance when u got " licks"

When i got in trouble in detention i got licks no one got sued no one was permanently harmed in fact just the opposite!

I was however sore the next day to sit down!
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:21 am

LOL found my High school pic on the site
Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida 3330878_thb
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:27 am

This guy was my best friend. He was damn sure smart even in High school. A great person.
BARRY LEN COBB, PhD.
1942 - 2009
Barry Len Cobb, Ph.D., 66 of Pensacola, Florida, passed away on July 26, 2009. He was
born in Pensacola on December 22, 1942 to Len W. and Myrtle Earnest Cobb.
He was preceded in death by his grandparents, William Thomas and Bessie Hall Earnest,
and Wiley Martin and Alice Faulk Cobb; and numerous aunts and uncles. Barry is survived
by his wife, Jeanie Dumestre; his parents; his aunts Irene Earnest and Mary Earnest; his
uncle Marion Cobb; sister-in-law Mary Dumestre and her husband Guy Johnson and their
son Dan; and by numerous cousins and many friends.
Barry was an Eagle Scout and received the God and Country award. He was a decorated
veteran of the Vietnam War, serving in the US Army in military intelligence in Saigon from
1967 to 1969. Barry was an avid FSU Seminole football fan. He loved sailing and had a
private pilot's license. Barry and his wife Jeanie traveled extensively in the US, Europe, and
Asia. Barry was of the Baptist faith.
Barry graduated from Pensacola High School, class of 1960. At Florida State University
he received a Bachelor's degree in 1964 and a Master's degree in Social Science
Education in 1966. In 1976 he received a Ph.D. in Social Foundations of Education from
the University of California at Berkeley. Dr. Cobb was a high school teacher and
department head and was a staff and faculty member at FSU, Cal Berkeley, and California
State University at Hayward. While in graduate school, he was inducted into Phi Delta
Kappa, an international association for professional educators.
In 1974, Dr. Cobb joined the Defense Activity for Nontraditional Education Support
(DANTES), an agency of the US Department of Defense (DoD) as College and University
Programs Officer. He later became Head of the Professional Information Services
Department, Head of Program Development, and then Special Assistant to the Director. In
1980, he became the Director of DANTES. As its Director, Dr. Cobb provided vision and
leadership to DANTES for almost 25 years. His work enabled DANTES to provide
education services to hundreds of thousands of military service men and women, assisting
them in achieving personal and professional goals. Dr. Cobb established and oversaw
overseas DANTES offices in Yongsan Army Garrison, South Korea, for military service
members serving in the Far East, and in Heidelberg, Germany, for military service
members located in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
His leadership established DANTES as the premier federal education support agency,
widely recognized for its reliable support services within the DoD. DANTES has had a
major impact on the entire field of adult and continuing education due to the credibility of its
distance learning and other nontraditional programs administered for military personnel. He
developed the DANTES Education Support, Assessment, and Training Department; the
DANTES Education Programs Department; the DANTES Publications Distribution Center;
and the DANTES Troops-to-Teachers Department. He oversaw the development and
implementation of the Military Installation Voluntary Education Review process, a major
force in enhancing the quality and effectiveness of education programs offered to military
personnel. He retired from DANTES in June 2005.
During his tenure at DANTES and post retirement, Dr. Cobb served on advisory boards
and panels, including the congressionally-mandated Department of Veteran Affairs
Education Advisory Committee, Harvard University's Institute for Management and
Leadership in Education, the Florida State Independent College and University Advisory
Board, and the Board for the International Adult and Continuing Education Hall of Fame. Dr.
Cobb wrote several articles, educational directories, and guides on the social foundations of
education and nontraditional education. He served as a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
Process for Accreditation of Joint Education.
Among his many awards are the Nickerson Medal of Merit for significant contributions to
DoD Voluntary Education programs from the American Association of State Colleges and
Barry Cobb Page 1 of 2
file://C:\Users\Public\Documents\BARRY LEN COBB.htm 3/24/2010
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:42 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida 3330878_thb

Love the glasses i still have some like it
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:43 am

[img][/img]Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida Image_zps3ec32732

PHS SENIOR PIC
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:

You were as goofy looking as I was, HG.

6th Grade. Dig that bowtie!

Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida Eric6t10
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Wow   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:38 pm

Wow eric they had color photos BACK
THEN?
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:39 am

Now aren't we just surrounded by handsome men, girls? Very Happy

I don't know if our scanner works, but I'll see if I can scan my high school pic. I doubt it, though, since I'd have to rip out the page of the yearbook. Maybe I can find another. Oh, I know....that pic of me as head majorette. Someday I'll look like that again....or so I tell myself! If Stormy were still here, she could post a pic of herself as a cheerleader. Smile

I need a new printer/scanner so badly....sigh....!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 1:49 pm

I just "found" this thread again and I was thinking the same thing PB...what a handsome group of young men!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida   Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida Empty

Back to top Go down

Old pictures/postcards of Pensacola and the rest of Florida
Page 1 of 1