Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Domestic Drones

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PkrBum

PkrBum

Domestic Drones Empty
PostSubject: Domestic Drones   Domestic Drones EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 2:33 am

Here they come... why anyone believes a word out of DC is beyond me. btw... FL is pitching for a site I read in the Orlando Sentinel.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/18244636-418/faa-seeks-proposals-to-create-6-drone-test-sites-in-us.html
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Domestic Drones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domestic Drones   Domestic Drones EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 2:13 pm

Some areas have banned them, although it is probably a moot point at this time. I have power company transmission lines behind the house and a helicopter flew by low and slow a few months back. I see that power companies want to use drones. I don't think a drone could do as good of a job as guys in a chopper, but I guess it's possible.

I had no idea what was happening with the chopper. Here's what the chopper looked like. I didn't get the camera out quick enough to get the closest shot, but this'll give you an idea. I looked up the tail rotor number and found out it was a power contractor.

Domestic Drones Choppe10
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
alecto

Domestic Drones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domestic Drones   Domestic Drones EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 5:23 pm

In certain parts of the country I can see those things being used for target practice by the local gun enthusiast. Can't say I wouldn't take a shot at one after a day of hunting and not getting anything. Could always mount a drone helicopter on a plaque and hang it on the wall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Domestic Drones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domestic Drones   Domestic Drones Empty

Back to top Go down

Domestic Drones
Page 1 of 1