Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maldives Girl Faces Flogging After Being Raped By Step-father.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Maldives Girl Faces Flogging After Being Raped By Step-father. Empty
PostSubject: Maldives Girl Faces Flogging After Being Raped By Step-father.   Maldives Girl Faces Flogging After Being Raped By Step-father. EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:11 pm

These Sharia laws are asinine.

According to HuffPo: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/07/maldives-flogging-rape_n_2425420.html

Quote :
A 15-year-old in the Maldives whose father is accused of repeatedly raping her and killing the resulting baby risks being flogged for "fornication" with another man under the nation's strict Islamic law, a police source said Monday.

In the course of inquiries into the rape case, investigators say they unearthed evidence of the girl having had consensual sex with another man, which is an offence in the Indian Ocean holiday destination, the source told AFP.

Women, including minors, having consensual sex outside marriage can be charged in the Maldives, where convicts can be publicly flogged. Minors receive the punishment when they reach 18, the age of majority.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

Maldives Girl Faces Flogging After Being Raped By Step-father. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maldives Girl Faces Flogging After Being Raped By Step-father.   Maldives Girl Faces Flogging After Being Raped By Step-father. EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:47 am

This just makes me sick to my stomach.

But once again, I am so very grateful for the privilege of having been born and raised in this country.

Bless that poor girl... all of them.
Back to top Go down

Maldives Girl Faces Flogging After Being Raped By Step-father.
Page 1 of 1