Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ronny Jackson Withdraws As VA Nominee

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wilburforce

wilburforce

Ronny Jackson Withdraws As VA Nominee Empty
PostSubject: Ronny Jackson Withdraws As VA Nominee   Ronny Jackson Withdraws As VA Nominee EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 7:49 am

Rear Adm. Ronny Jackson, President Trump's embattled nominee to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs, has withdrawn from consideration for the post amid allegations he had fostered a hostile work environment and behaved improperly while serving as the top doctor leading the White House medical unit.

In a statement Thursday morning, Jackson said, "Going into this process, I expected tough questions about how to best care for our veterans, but I did not expect to have to dignify baseless and anonymous attacks on my character and integrity."

He continued, "While I will forever be grateful for the trust and confidence President Trump has placed in me by giving me this opportunity, I am regretfully withdrawing my nomination to be Secretary for the Department of Veterans Affairs."

The Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee had postponed Jackson's confirmation hearing, originally slated for Wednesday, after accusations of misconduct surfaced against Jackson, who has served as the personal physician for the president under the Trump and Obama administrations.

On Wednesday, allegations detailed included improperly prescribing the opiate painkiller Percocet and wrecking a government vehicle while intoxicated at a Secret Service going-away party. Jackson denied that accusation to reporters.

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/26/605471807/dr-ronny-jackson-withdraws-as-va-nominee
Back to top Go down

Ronny Jackson Withdraws As VA Nominee
Page 1 of 1