Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fixed Up My PC Today

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Fixed Up My PC Today Empty
PostSubject: Fixed Up My PC Today   Fixed Up My PC Today EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 5:39 pm

Since last August, I have been vexed by a howling/buzzing cooling fan somewhere deep in my computer tower. I could temporarily silence the fan by giving my computer tower a slap with my hand, but it got worse and worse. It started driving me crazy, and was bothering members of my family also.

I thought it was a case fan (I have several fans inside my computer tower), but I could not single out which one it was. I finally diagnosed the problem, and found the noise was coming from the fan on my graphics card.

Well, I figured it was time for upgrades and fixes, so I ordered a new PCI Express video card from NewEgg.com, along with an extra 2GB of DDR2 800 RAM, and a PCI USB card with four ports on it. The parts arrived today, and it took about 45 minutes to install them in my tower. Fingers -crossed, the PC restarted with the new gear without flaw, and I loaded the drivers for the new graphics card. I am back in business and no buzzing--I am happy!

The PC I am using is over 4 years old, but still has a lot of life left in it. I am still using the copy of Windows XP Home Edition (32 bit version) that I bought 10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.led-flashlight-reviews.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fixed Up My PC Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixed Up My PC Today   Fixed Up My PC Today EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 6:51 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Since last August, I have been vexed by a howling/buzzing cooling fan somewhere deep in my computer tower. I could temporarily silence the fan by giving my computer tower a slap with my hand, but it got worse and worse. It started driving me crazy, and was bothering members of my family also.

I thought it was a case fan (I have several fans inside my computer tower), but I could not single out which one it was. I finally diagnosed the problem, and found the noise was coming from the fan on my graphics card.

Well, I figured it was time for upgrades and fixes, so I ordered a new PCI Express video card from NewEgg.com, along with an extra 2GB of DDR2 800 RAM, and a PCI USB card with four ports on it. The parts arrived today, and it took about 45 minutes to install them in my tower. Fingers -crossed, the PC restarted with the new gear without flaw, and I loaded the drivers for the new graphics card. I am back in business and no buzzing--I am happy!

The PC I am using is over 4 years old, but still has a lot of life left in it. I am still using the copy of Windows XP Home Edition (32 bit version) that I bought 10 years ago.

Z I have found that if you do a bit of PMI on your computers occasionally the fans will operate for a long time to come. About every 2 months of so, I take mine apart and blow all the dust out of then. I also use 3 in 1 oil to lubricate the fan bearings. From firsy look, it appears there is no place to oil the bearings. However on closer inspection, you will find a paper tab on the back of the fan. If you peel this tab away you can place a drop or two of oil in the bearings ad the shaft of the fan. I have yet to have to replace a fan or even had one that started squealing or making any kind of noise.
Back to top Go down
https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com

Fixed Up My PC Today
Page 1 of 1