Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For Eric Wahoo Park

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

For Eric  Wahoo Park Empty
PostSubject: For Eric Wahoo Park   For Eric  Wahoo Park EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:14 am

From the PNJ...........

Light the tree, hit the ice: Winter Wonderland begins at Wahoos park

lol
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: For Eric Wahoo Park   For Eric  Wahoo Park EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:32 am

Where the heck are they ice skating? On the ball field?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: For Eric Wahoo Park   For Eric  Wahoo Park EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:03 am

Yes. They have a large synthetic ice rink set up. Ticket prices are 11 dollars a visit. Skate rental included. No word on if the beer garden will be open.

For Eric  Wahoo Park 533760_10151237747304347_1192215315_n
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: For Eric Wahoo Park   For Eric  Wahoo Park EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:19 am

What happened to the ice rink at the Civic Center... er, Bayfront Stadium, or whatever cutesy name they gave it?

They can't be making money with an ice rink at the ball park. Right weather for it, though. I'm in The Smokies right now and it is in the teens up here.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: For Eric Wahoo Park   For Eric  Wahoo Park EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:27 am

Post a few pictures of the Smokies. Have a good time.

Notice it is being called "Wahoo Park" more and more.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: For Eric Wahoo Park   For Eric  Wahoo Park EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:41 am

I wish I could still ice skate. I used to love it. If I tried it now, I'd have to be padded up like a football player first. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: For Eric Wahoo Park   For Eric  Wahoo Park EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:52 am

They used to skate when I lived in Japan. Little kids could zip by on their skates and skis. It was madding that they could be so good and still be so little. I learned to ski but not toskate.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: For Eric Wahoo Park   For Eric  Wahoo Park EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:38 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Post a few pictures of the Smokies. Have a good time.

Notice it is being called "Wahoo Park" more and more.

I got a new camera and an (obviously) not "checked out" on it yet. The pictures turned out real cloudy, like there is moisture on a lens somewhere... probably because the camera was taken out into the cold from a warm house... condensation. I wasn't there to take pics, but I did snap a few. Here's one I cleaned up a little... but still pretty poor.

This is the look out of some friends' picture window. Their house is at 3000' and the tallest peak in the picture is 6000' tall.

For Eric  Wahoo Park Dsc_0010
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: For Eric Wahoo Park   For Eric  Wahoo Park EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Wow!!! Thanks
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: For Eric Wahoo Park   For Eric  Wahoo Park EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:00 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Wow!!! Thanks

You're welcome. Our friends own 30 acres on a small peak. Their property has an old quarry, and there is a stream that crosses through it. They have a garden, do a lot of canning and store root vegetables in their "cellar", have a well and also have a 1500-gallon rainwater cistern that collects water off their metal roof. They are survivalists-types and have a 6-month working stock of food and a much larger stock of survivalist foods and such... like big lots of rice, beans, salt, seeds for planting, etc.

They have a large photovoltaic system with about a dozen deep-cycle 12-volt batteries, a battery management system and a bunch of inverters. They use a 5000-watt inverter for the primary power. Their refrigerator is 12-volt and has really thick walls. They heat their homemade cabin with a wood stove. They bulldozed the top of their little peak to make it flat and they built their cabin on the top.

Very resourceful people.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: For Eric Wahoo Park   For Eric  Wahoo Park EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:26 pm

We also stopped by to see my brother Vance and his wife Brenda. They live full-time in Franklin, NC. This is the view from their porch (Early Oct., 2008).

For Eric  Wahoo Park Panora10
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: For Eric Wahoo Park   For Eric  Wahoo Park EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:25 pm

I am going to spend some more time in that area one day. Thanks for the photos.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: For Eric Wahoo Park   For Eric  Wahoo Park EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Gorgeous pictures! I do miss the mountains.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: For Eric Wahoo Park   For Eric  Wahoo Park EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Eric wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:
Wow!!! Thanks

You're welcome. Our friends own 30 acres on a small peak. Their property has an old quarry, and there is a stream that crosses through it. They have a garden, do a lot of canning and store root vegetables in their "cellar", have a well and also have a 1500-gallon rainwater cistern that collects water off their metal roof. They are survivalists-types and have a 6-month working stock of food and a much larger stock of survivalist foods and such... like big lots of rice, beans, salt, seeds for planting, etc.

They have a large photovoltaic system with about a dozen deep-cycle 12-volt batteries, a battery management system and a bunch of inverters. They use a 5000-watt inverter for the primary power. Their refrigerator is 12-volt and has really thick walls. They heat their homemade cabin with a wood stove. They bulldozed the top of their little peak to make it flat and they built their cabin on the top.

Very resourceful people.

Oooh, I'm envious! That is just so cool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Eric Wahoo Park   For Eric  Wahoo Park Empty

Back to top Go down

For Eric Wahoo Park
Page 1 of 1