Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ted Cruz Doesn't Want Any Limits On Campaign Contributions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Ted Cruz Doesn't Want Any Limits On Campaign Contributions Empty
PostSubject: Ted Cruz Doesn't Want Any Limits On Campaign Contributions   Ted Cruz Doesn't Want Any Limits On Campaign Contributions EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 11:37 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/15/ted-cruz-campaign-contributions_n_6874288.html

Ted Cruz Doesn't Want Any Limits On Campaign Contributions N-TED-CRUZ-large570

Quote :
BARRINGTON, N.H. (AP) — Unlimited political cash would give rank-and-file conservative activists greater sway in picking their representatives, including the president, White House hopeful Ted Cruz told New Hampshire voters on Sunday.

Cruz, a first-term senator who represents Texas, said deep-pocketed donors should have the same rights to write giant campaign checks as voters have to put signs in their front yards. Both, Cruz said, were an example of political speech, and he added that "money absolutely can be speech."

"I believe everyone here has a right to speak out on politics as effectively as possible," Cruz told a voter who asked him about the role of the super-rich in politics.

I believe that allowing larger campaign checks empower the Oligarchy. If you like that sort of thing, I guess it is okay.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

Ted Cruz Doesn't Want Any Limits On Campaign Contributions
Page 1 of 1