Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

4500 beheaded

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

4500 beheaded Empty
PostSubject: 4500 beheaded   4500 beheaded EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 1:47 pm

Yes in 782 Charlemagne beheaded 4500 Saxons for not being Christians.
How soon we forget

Oops it was more than 4500 I think they just stopped counting my bad
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

4500 beheaded Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 beheaded   4500 beheaded EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Not acceptable then, in the name of religion, any more than the threats/killings/burnings are today.

My prayer is for peace in the hearts of men.

What else can you do?

Blame politicians? That gets one nowhere fast.

Send troops in, guns a blazin'? Been there done that.

But to only sit back and say "Hey, Christians are bad too," is not a solution. A fact yes. Solution, no.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

4500 beheaded Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 beheaded   4500 beheaded EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:58 pm

Every religion that demands belief in One God has the same problem. In the context of two thousand years of history what Isis is doing is nothing different than both sides have done for centuries. It simply offends a sense of our new found civilization.

Isis kills all faiths it doesn't matter muslim christian alike. The answer is the repudiation of these religions universally

Notice I said "DEMANDS"
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

4500 beheaded Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 beheaded   4500 beheaded EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 4:49 pm

Are you saying the repudiation of monotheistic religions or all of them?

The repudiation of religion would not change human behavior one iota. It is an aberrance (at least I hope it is) in nature that a significant percentage of the human species is inclined to kill, maim, injure, abuse, harm or subjugate not just any species - but particularly its own - getting not just power and biological advantages from it, but psychological, as well.

Blaming religion is a red herring for the fact that we nothing more than a violent and power-lusting species.

The problem is not religion; the problem is in the DNA.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

4500 beheaded Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 beheaded   4500 beheaded EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 4:54 pm

If you are saying just monotheistic religions are the problem...from a nice, peaceful little Hindu (polytheistic) sect:

You can get the idea from the pictures. It's disturbing, so some of you might choose not to watch:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/nov/29/hindu-festival-animal-sacrifice-goes-ahead-despite-protest-video

Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

4500 beheaded Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 beheaded   4500 beheaded EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 4:55 pm

Remember when Paul went to Greece in the name of the "unknown God".....yes a free society, must embrace a "Free Man's Religion" with tolerance for all "gods". A respector of none. Will that stop war? No but it will help.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

4500 beheaded Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 beheaded   4500 beheaded EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 5:02 pm

Consider the commands of Yawheh a bloodthirsty God right up there is the Assyrians etc

1Ch 20:2
And David took the crown of their king from off his head, and found it to weigh a talent of gold, and there were precious stones in it; and it was set upon David's head: and he brought also exceeding much spoil out of the city.
Tools specific to 1Ch 20:3
1Ch 20:3
And he brought out the people that were in it, and cut them with saws, and with harrows of iron, and with axes. Even so dealt David with all the cities of the children of Ammon. And David and all the people returned to Jerusalem.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

4500 beheaded Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 beheaded   4500 beheaded EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 5:38 pm

The Great Khan was shamanistic, but supposedly religiously tolerant...although I am not convinced it was the result of deep, liberal thinking. After all, when you have two entire continents to conquest, you don't have a lot of time for heart-inspiring philosophical debates around the campfire. While he was spiritual, the motivations behind his campaigns were 99.9% secular and political.

You know where I am heading...

GK was responsible for the deaths of 40 million people which was about ten percent of the world population of the time. In Nishapur, Iran he took revenge for the death of his daughter's husband who had been killed by the city guards, slaughtering every man, woman, child and animal because her heart was broken - around 1.7 million. None of that was done in the name of any one true God, knowable, name-utterable, or not.

If those people were living in "The City of Brotherly Love" and the city police had shot his brother-in-law, Khan, the great gang banger, would have been just as ticked off. Religion had nothing to do with it.

Want to get rid of war? The only way is to get rid of people....and the chimps. Don't forget the chimps.

You posted since I did...I will respond after while...Smile
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

4500 beheaded Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 beheaded   4500 beheaded EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 6:04 pm

The chimps lol!

Have you been watching a Stanford neuro scientist again?
Back to top Go down

4500 beheaded Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 beheaded   4500 beheaded EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 8:35 pm

4500 beheaded Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIXp6cyte-96Dm4L19dJHWnRknkr-BbDBX5OQFMgOX-1XWX_E-7Q

So because something happened well over a thousand years ago it has some significance today?

Should we look up all the wrongs done in the distant past and use them as justification for continuing aggression?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cZoM5reqo

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

4500 beheaded Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 beheaded   4500 beheaded EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 8:51 pm

Want something more recent? You missed the point
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

4500 beheaded Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 beheaded   4500 beheaded EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:29 pm

I dug around and was interested to find a few experts in history of violence (I am not sure that major would get you a lot of girls in college), and then I did a little more investigation on religion and here is what I found.

The world growing significantly, in terms of violent deaths compared to the estimated world population), less violent.

The world is becoming less religious (self-identifying)

The world is growing more spiritual (self-identifying).

The question is whether any of these are causal or correlative.
Back to top Go down

4500 beheaded Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 beheaded   4500 beheaded EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:54 pm

Surfnrg wrote:
Want something more recent? You missed the point

4500 beheaded Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAcTIoEfnm1ZsmGjBA_0W_AB91Y_UhHQM2rgUaVg8SECvMQk1u

Which point would that be?

That you're looking for an excuse to justify the killing thereby enabling the one's doing the killing?

If that's the case then let's just go in, kill them all, and let God sort it out later...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_22npNtUP20

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4500 beheaded Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4500 beheaded   4500 beheaded Empty

Back to top Go down

4500 beheaded
Page 1 of 1