Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Russian woman electrocuted in bathtub by Iphone...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Russian woman electrocuted in bathtub by Iphone... Empty
PostSubject: Russian woman electrocuted in bathtub by Iphone...   Russian woman electrocuted in bathtub by Iphone... EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:17 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russian-woman-dies-after-dropping-charging-iphone-into-bathtub-10042053.html

A young Russian woman has died after her charging iPhone fell into the bathtub in her Moscow flat.

Yevgenia Sviridenko, 24, who was originally from Omsk, more than 2,000 miles from the Russian capital, was discovered by her flatmate in the bath on Monday evening, the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper reported according to The Moscow Times.

Sviridenko’s housemate, Yaroslav Dubinina, 23, said she went to check on the young woman when she became concerned by how long she had spent in the bathroom.

“I walked in and saw her lying there all pale in the water. Her phone was also in the water. I pulled my friend out and noticed that her body was shaking from the shock,” Dubinina was reported as saying.

Sviridenko is believed to have been charging her phone and scrolling through VKontakte, the Russian equivalent of Facebook, shortly before she died.

Emergency services who attended the scene tried to resuscitate Sviridenko, but were unsuccessful.

It remains unclear why the charger didn't cut out as licensed Apple products are designed to do. Police did not reveal whether the device was not a licensed Apple product, Mail Online reported.
Back to top Go down

Russian woman electrocuted in bathtub by Iphone...
Page 1 of 1