Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GREAT article on "Biblical Marriage"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

GREAT article on "Biblical Marriage"   Empty
PostSubject: GREAT article on "Biblical Marriage"    GREAT article on "Biblical Marriage"   EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:01 am

I love this man's take on marriage. (same writer as the Harper Lee article I posted)

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/02/a_guide_to_biblical_dating_and.html#incart_most-comments
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: GREAT article on "Biblical Marriage"    GREAT article on "Biblical Marriage"   EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:45 am

Well thank God that Christ and company cleared that up....

Ep5:21And further, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

22For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of his body, the church. 24As the church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything.

25For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her 26to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word.b 27He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault. 28In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself. 29No one hates his own body but feeds and cares for it, just as Christ cares for the church. 30And we are members of his body.

Of course even this will be quite offensive to todays liberated women....
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: GREAT article on "Biblical Marriage"    GREAT article on "Biblical Marriage"   EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:08 am

The only marriage Jesus attended, that we have account of, was a Jewish wedding. I'm not Jewish. Paul, a single man, wrote the letter to the Ephesians addressing submission. Paul spent most of his life in jail.

Perspective/context??
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: GREAT article on "Biblical Marriage"    GREAT article on "Biblical Marriage"   EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:38 am

Paul spent most of his life in Jail for becoming a Christian, after having Christians tortured and put to death, he made a 180 degree turn and became a Christian himself. He was in jail for preaching Christ.....

Acts 26:9-10 ASV I verily thought with myself that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. (10) And this I also did in Jerusalem: and I both shut up many of the saints in prisons, having received authority from the chief priests, and when they were put to death I gave my vote against them.

Yes there are lots of folks that think Paul was a woman hater.....but I don't think so in any way. He was just very focused on his mission. As far as Jewish weddings...does that really make it a different marriage ? How about Adam and Eve ?...seems like that was pretty basic and functional as all marriage is at the foundation.

Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: GREAT article on "Biblical Marriage"    GREAT article on "Biblical Marriage"   EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:45 am

I've studied Paul. Great preservance and dedication. I don't question that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GREAT article on "Biblical Marriage"    GREAT article on "Biblical Marriage"   Empty

Back to top Go down

GREAT article on "Biblical Marriage"
Page 1 of 1