Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some thoughts

Go down 
+2
Eric
Linda
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

Some thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Some thoughts   Some thoughts EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 10:47 am

This morning I'm reading the news, reading the forums, listening to the banter over and over of all that is wrong in religion, politics, and society.  

Makes me thankful that...
I have body that functions and got me out of bed;
eyes that see;
ears that hear (well with the help of hearing aids - too much loud music in the 70s)
food in the refrigerator and pantry;
a home;
gas in the auto;
an auto that runs;
a few bucks in the bank;
good friends;
and a loving family.

So what do I do with this?  Share what I can of good thoughts, sound counsel, a smile, and care (food, clothes, money) to those in need.

It places all the rest in perspective.  Do I become enraged? Do I rally over a victory of good?  Sure.  But what consumes me should be the positives of life.

I know a woman presently in the hospital with the side effects of MS.  She has battled this for 22 years.  Presently they have no diagnosis or treatment for her current issues.  But she remains the light in her family, their cheerleader, and an encouragement to all who know her.  She never lets the ever present MS and its horrid symptoms wear her down - not in spirit.

I want to live life in good perspective.  I'm not saying we need to take on the Pollyanna view thinking there is nothing wrong in the world.  There is plenty wrong.   But I do want to live above the circumstances as my friend does.  Her example is what the world needs.  Most who complain really have not one thing to truly complain about if they would just look to the good around them.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Some thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some thoughts   Some thoughts EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 11:24 am

Great observations.

I also have nothing to complain about.

To quote Hallmarkgrad, "All is good".

Dog in the lap, wood stove purring, birds eating wild bird seed right outside on the rail, music playing, and working on second cup of coffee.

All is good.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Some thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some thoughts   Some thoughts EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 1:28 pm

Thankful!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Some thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some thoughts   Some thoughts EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 9:49 pm

Amen to that! I am reminded of the importance of remembering how full it makes your heart feel to give back.

I am grateful that I can count you all as my friends in this life. Thank you all.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Some thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some thoughts   Some thoughts EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 7:31 am

riceme wrote:
Amen to that! I am reminded of the importance of remembering how full it makes your heart feel to give back.

I am grateful that I can count you all as my friends in this life. Thank you all.

Correct.....from time to time it's a good thing to be reminded just how much should be appreciated ......
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Some thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some thoughts   Some thoughts EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 8:26 am

As we rode by a hospital, I was whining about something. My grandmother looked at me and said 'You know many of the people in there,pointing to the hospital, would trade their best day for your worse day". I never forgot her wisdom..
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Some thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some thoughts   Some thoughts EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 8:51 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:
As we rode by a hospital, I was whining about something.   My grandmother looked at me and said 'You know many of the people in there,pointing to the hospital, would trade their best day for your worse day".  I never forgot her wisdom..

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some thoughts   Some thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

Some thoughts
Page 1 of 1