Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wine Advice App Called "Vivino"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Wine Advice App Called "Vivino" Empty
PostSubject: Wine Advice App Called "Vivino"   Wine Advice App Called "Vivino" EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 11:31 am

LINK to the app

Wine Advice App Called "Vivino" Wine-tasting-room-in-bordeaux-france

Vivino is a startup that is opening up the world of fine wine for everyone through a clever app.

If you see a wine that interests you, you take a photo of the label. That takes you to a page on the app for the wine, and you can see reviews and rankings on your phone.

Vivino isn't a small, niche community. It told us that on an average Saturday, 400,000 wines are scanned using the app. And in total, almost 100 million bottles of wine have been scanned. Vivino also has over 7 million users using the network to scan and rate wine.

Lots of apps have tried to help people with ranking and collections, but what's interesting about Vivino is that it's built up a large amount of data through its app. That's important when it comes to recommendations, which can turn apps into something that's genuinely useful (as well as providing a revenue opportunity).

Wine Advice App Called "Vivino" Download-the-app-4be6a7e4f18b89a930cd76970f779916

Another useful part of allowing users to rate wines is that Vivino can use that data. Yesterday it published a collection of rankings made using ratings input using the app.

EDIT: I am installing it on my phone and will let you know how it works.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Wine Advice App Called "Vivino"   Wine Advice App Called "Vivino" EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 3:07 pm

Definitely let us know how it works. I think my husband will like this.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Wine Advice App Called "Vivino"   Wine Advice App Called "Vivino" EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:51 pm

Well, I tried it on a Bottle of Francis Coppola Merlot that we like and their algorithm didn't find a match. The app said that maybe their associates could make a match if the picture was readable. There was no time period mentioned.

We tried taking a closer picture and even taking a picture of the QR code on the back... no match.

For now, my conclusion is that the app is a bust.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wine Advice App Called "Vivino"   Wine Advice App Called "Vivino" Empty

Back to top Go down

Wine Advice App Called "Vivino"
Page 1 of 1