Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm making homemade wine tonight

Go down 
AuthorMessage

I'm making homemade wine tonight Empty
PostSubject: I'm making homemade wine tonight   I'm making homemade wine tonight EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 8:25 pm

Been busy making some homemade wine.

It was fun. Ill post a pic or something when its ready in a few weeks. Been a while since I made a batch. wanted to see if I still got it. pirat
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: I'm making homemade wine tonight   I'm making homemade wine tonight EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 9:26 pm

I made some elderberry wine once. I just had to taste it early... very good.

I put the cork back in and when we opened it later, it erupted like a shaken champagne bottle. Took some texture off the ceiling. And it just didn't taste good.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: I'm making homemade wine tonight   I'm making homemade wine tonight EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 9:33 pm

Eric wrote:
I made some elderberry wine once.  I just had to taste it early... very good.

I put the cork back in and when we opened it later, it erupted like a shaken champagne bottle.  Took some texture off the ceiling.  And it just didn't taste good.

hmm maybe all the yeast wasn't fermented out? or did you use Champaign yeast for bubblies?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: I'm making homemade wine tonight   I'm making homemade wine tonight EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 9:03 am

I had a friend drop by with his kit, and we used his yeast. It was kinda neat, though. We picked the elderberries off the roadside.

Chrissy, what kind of grapes did you use?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: I'm making homemade wine tonight   I'm making homemade wine tonight EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 9:57 am

Eric wrote:
I had a friend drop by with his kit, and we used his yeast.  It was kinda neat, though.  We picked the elderberries off the roadside.

Chrissy, what kind of grapes did you use?

Welches LOL

I made 5 gallons from welch juice, its easy.

But I did make one gallon of apple wine from real apples I cut up and cooked.

and I used regular fletchers yeast.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm making homemade wine tonight   I'm making homemade wine tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm making homemade wine tonight
Page 1 of 1