Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge Empty
PostSubject: Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge   Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 10:59 am

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/26/7450365/tesla-roadster-upgrade-400-miles-range

Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge Tesla10

Quote :
Tesla CEO Elon Musk has confirmed that the company’s Roadster model is getting a battery upgrade to extend its range from 244 miles to almost 400 miles. It's a significant boost, and one that means the Roadster will be able to outdo even the company’s flagship Model S, which has a range of 265 miles.

Introduced in 2008, the Roadster was Tesla's first production vehicle and though it has been overshadowed somewhat by the newer Model S, the company has been teasing a major upgrade for it since June this year. Musk and company are now rewarding the roughly 2,500 early adopters who bought into Tesla's vision of the electric car years before it became so widely accepted. The upgrade is expected to come in the form of a full battery replacement, though full details won't be available until later today. Musk also goes on to say that a similar upgrade is "not coming soon" for the Model S, but will happen eventually.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge   Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 12:33 pm

Sort of off-subject but a guy just totaled a Tesla Roadster on the Parks Highway about a month ago.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/alaska_news/rare-tesla-electric-car-demolished-in-parks-highway-crash/article_741eec4e-6aa0-11e4-bb14-239a80350337.html

I was pretty bummed. There are not many electric cars up here... winter, and all. :/
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge   Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 4:44 pm

riceme wrote:
Sort of off-subject but a guy just totaled a Tesla Roadster on the Parks Highway about a month ago.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/alaska_news/rare-tesla-electric-car-demolished-in-parks-highway-crash/article_741eec4e-6aa0-11e4-bb14-239a80350337.html

I was pretty bummed. There are not many electric cars up here... winter, and all. :/

Aw that's just sad..ice got him....dang !
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge   Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 9:19 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
riceme wrote:

Aw that's just sad..ice got him....dang !

I know it... probably was the only Tesla in all of Alaska Sad. I mean geez, how many could there be?
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge   Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 9:22 pm

Yeah he needed a really long extension cord to get to Alaska...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge   Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 11:27 pm

I'd like to have one of them electrical Teslas, but I like to go places and them charging stations are too fer apart.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge   Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 5:59 pm

Eric wrote:
I'd like to have one of them electrical Teslas,  but I like to go places and them charging stations are too fer apart.

Well that's one bonus about Alaska... we have plug-ins nearly everywhere you stop!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge   Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge Empty

Back to top Go down

Tesla upgraded roadster to get 400 miles on a charge
Page 1 of 1