Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BobW

BobW

Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time Empty
PostSubject: Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time   Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time EmptyThu May 23, 2013 7:22 am

I have no idea how much of this is hyperbole. But it's entertaining to read.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time   Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:58 am

If Tesla had funding to continue his wireless electricity tower concept, we would probably not have power lines. He was brilliant, but died relatively penniless and a recluse.

So sad.

When Edison and Tesla were feuding over the AC/DC concept, Edison electrocuted an elephant just to prove how dangerous AC current was... what an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time   Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time EmptyThu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Eric wrote:

When Edison and Tesla were feuding over the AC/DC concept, Edison electrocuted an elephant just to prove how dangerous AC current was... what an ass.

Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time   Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time EmptyThu May 23, 2013 12:17 pm

watch this, you'll like it. it's a ten minute clip from an orson welles movie about the feud between edison and tesla.

Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time   Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time EmptyFri May 24, 2013 7:21 am

Oh my heavens, when my husband starts going on and on about Tesla I have to discreetly hunt for my earplugs. He is rather obsessed with Tesla's work. Smile

That's horrible about the elephant. Just horrible. Elephants are such elegant, family-oriented animals.....that is sad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time   Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:21 am

What a flipping horrible thing Edison did.

It is always a dangerous thing to idolize anyone. Scientists are the worst about committing heinous acts against animals.

Like the song goes, "I never saw no miracle of science that didn't go from a blessing to a curse...."

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time   Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time EmptyFri May 24, 2013 7:33 pm

Tesla was awesome... I have tremendous admiration for him. Several wind turbines have been designed utilizing the Tesla Turbine as a springboard.

Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time TeslaBitch-2
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time   Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:14 am

Next time hubby goes on a Tesla tangent, I'm going to tell him to contact you, Riceme. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time   Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time EmptySun May 26, 2013 5:15 pm

Melissa B wrote:
Next time hubby goes on a Tesla tangent, I'm going to tell him to contact you, Riceme. Twisted Evil

Oh, definitely... Tesla was soooo super cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time   Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Nikolas Tesla was the greatest geek of all time
Page 1 of 1